• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

74 tooling proof body

Neat item. It has been advertised a few years ago. Will take the right buyer to appreciate it and for the right price. One of those "but what do you do with it" cars.

Yeah, It was in Mopar Collectors Guide maybe 10 years ago?

Definitely one of those cars that would be awesome for a museum but of absolutely zero use to anyone else as it's value is destroyed the second you change anything on it.

If it's the one that I am thinking of, clear coat it and stick a hemi in it.

If I had money to burn, I would buy it, clear coat it, and use it as a conversation piece in my shop.

Were there so many changes from 1973 to 1974 that they had to do another buck?

Were there so many changes from 1973 to 1974 that they had to do another buck?
That's exactly what I was thinking! Why would you need another proof vehicle when the 73 was exactly the same. Heck, the 72 is pretty much the same too except for the 2 1/2 mph bumpers that came out in 73......

Meh.....what do you do with it? At 30 grand, it's just waaaaay to much. If it were a 70 or a 71, that would be a different story.

dsc_0301.jpg

dsc_0307.jpg

one-of-none-1974-cuda-body.jpg

used-1974-plymouth-cuda-toolingproof-8031-13038764-44-640.jpg

dsc_0304.jpg

Did the assembly plant locations change for 74? Does this car even have a VIN?

Interesting piece of Chrysler/Plymouth history

cool car/tooling buck, not sure what I'd do with it,
albeit it's cool piece of Chrysler Corp. History, worth/value who knows ???
IMO it really should be in a FCA/Chrysler museum...

especially IF it has some real documentation & paperwork, backing it up
not just recollection of someone who worked there years ago...

For sale: useless rolling chassis. Needs everything else!!

^^ Exactly .. He tried to trade us it for our fully restored Cuda Stock Eliminator car a couple months back.

Auto Transport Service
Back