• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

750 street demon on mopar big block not getting full throttle......

Not the only one seeing you have two threads going on the same issue.... :poke:
Sorry. First time asking for help. I had an option of what to post it under.....like fuel, engine, mopar chat, 68-70, etc. I didn't know which would be best and didn't want to list it in the wrong area and not have the right people see it, so I posted it in more than one category.

It's possible even with a spacer the toggle valve (third barrel) may catch on that intake which I guess you have a "69 301 383 with four holes. On my 440 I machined the intake to clear the google valve. I did not use a spacer on the 440 on my 70 Charger because I use the stock air cleaner. As it is the hood insulation just touches the pie tin.

View attachment 1495029

View attachment 1495030

View attachment 1495051
Thank you. I do have an edelbrock rpm intake that has cleared in the past and I will eventually swap for, but so far the spacer has given it enough clearance.

You should try to get the throttle cable mount lower.

Yep, ya' need to pull downward.

1689600955372.png

1689601411289.png

Sorry, late to the show!

Well, you were right. I got the throttle down and it worked. Wow, the average person wouldn't think that would matter. Thank you so much for taking the time to help!
You bet, it's a common problem with aftermarket cable brackets

Auto Transport Service
Back