• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

77 Cordoba Rotisseire Restoration

Why not?? To each their own. Somebody who actually don't give a crap what the car is "worth" monetarily, just doing it because he actually LIKES the car. He is enjoying the "hobby" aspect of it, and it seems way too many people forget that.
I know there are two sides to every story....but once the idiots with money and no passion for the cars got into the "hobby" it ruined it. Some will say that without that money some high dollar cars would have never been restored......maybe without that money the price of everything wouldn't be through the roof.
I say kudos to him for doing what he wants and not listening to the "nay-sayers. In the end, it's his money and his choice how to spend it.

....but once the idiots with money and no passion for the cars got into the "hobby" it ruined it.
like the barrot jackson bozos - I think I've actually heard them use the term "investor car". As in a "collectible car" that is expected to raise in value and implying a return on investment that beats the market.

I say kudos to him for doing what he wants and not listening to the "nay-sayers. In the end, it's his money and his choice how to spend it.
Right on and I really doubt I'm the only guy around here with more money in to my late 70s B body than it will ever be worth. At least in my life time.

Not a very desirable car.

Maybe not to you......to each his own. I have as many if not more people checking out my Cordoba at car shows as my buddies with muscle cars. There are plenty of cars out there that I would not spend my money on.....that's what makes the world go 'round!

I'm guilty of a man crush on the 77 Cordoba and charger SE's . I've had a few and would buy another .

I'm guilty of a man crush on the 77 Cordoba and charger SE's . I've had a few and would buy another .
The pic in my avatar was taken from the side. This pics shows the detail ya can't quite see in the avatar and yeah, another Daytona in the garage.

MVC-204F.JPG

Not a very desirable car.
I can't disagree with Cncguy guy more. I owned one in 1979, and own a 77' today.
I enjoy driving the car, and frequently use it to show houses to clients. They in the vast majority love cruising in the car, and the fact that they can see a real steel car. not plastic!

I can't disagree with Cncguy guy more. I owned one in 1979, and own a 77' today.
I enjoy driving the car, and frequently use it to show houses to clients. They in the vast majority love cruising in the car, and the fact that they can see a real steel car. not plastic!
my dad bought a blue 77 charger Daytona brand new off the showroom floor. wish I had pics .
Mediterranean Blue, 37k actual miles! 400 V8,9 1/4 rear, every option a police car would have ordered,including tow package.(minus spotlight)

006 - Copy.JPG

That will be the talk of the shows it goes to! Awesome he wants to save a piece of history for others to enjoy.

They were back in the disco days, I can tell you for sure, I was there, I owned one & it was one of the most popular cars. Just ask Ricardo Montalban.
Right about at the 8:36 time mark David Letterman asks him.

Sorry if I offended anyone its just not my cup of tea. Can't say I wouldn't own one just saying I wouldn't brag about it.

Sorry if I offended anyone its just not my cup of tea. Can't say I wouldn't own one just saying I wouldn't brag about it.
Maybe quit while yer behind.

I remember back in the 80s when ya couldn't drive a block without seeing one or two. In the late 90s I scored some parts on ebay from a local seller. When I went to pick them up and the guy turned out to be a cop. Took one look at my car and said "I used to write A LOT of tickets on these things". I asked "ya mean when ya finally caught up with them?". He said "yeah, exactly". Ya know, they kinda fell like yer doing 40 when yer doing 70.

The late 90s in to the early 2000s was the only time I had people come up to me and start a car conversation in a parking lot. Every time it was somebody that used to own one and they all said the same (2) things - "I loved that car" and "I wish I had never sold it".

Have never heard anybody say had one, hated it.

Hey, that's what these forums are for, to discuss what we like/dislike. Me.. the only time I ever get offended is when I look in the mirror.

Auto Transport Service
Back