• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

79-300 Hemi

I was at Barrett Jackson over the weekend and saw it up close....I started a thread on it
Thanks, I saw that and that's how I knew how much it went for. It wasn't perfect but it was nice and you could drive it home after the auction was over.

This car just sold today on Barrett-Jackson for $25,000.00

is there video of it going across the block? I'd like to hear what they had to say about it.

I was watching Barret Jackson on Velocity. I think it was on the first day of the auction.

"Ha,ha... some dumbass just paid 25 grand for this ? "
While the price seems steep, the reality is that the selling price is still less than the build cost. If this is the car the buyer wanted and the alternative was to build his own, the buyer got a good deal. It would appear that the flipper made a good buck. I think the dumbass is the person that built it initially if he built it for profit.

Last edited:
Well if you look at it,,the price of the crate Hemi is in the $15,000 range, so that's more that half the total price.Some one may make a wicked street ride out of this,maybe part it out,or do nothing and we will see it on the block again in the near future.

Well if you look at it,,the price of the crate Hemi is in the $15,000 range, so that's more that half the total price.Some one may make a wicked street ride out of this,maybe part it out,or do nothing and we will see it on the block again in the near future.
Wasn't the car referred to a bone stock 79 300 at B-J ?

This is one of the goofiest stories i've heard recently. This car would be worth more to me if it was a stock 400-4v

Story, and the owners that have owned it, are really strange.

If the price is not outlandish, and assuming that the car is in good shape aside from the paint/surface rust issues, this would be an interesting car. There is nothing wrong with a fuel injected 472 Gen II Hemi. As long as the rest of the car is up to dealing with the power (transmission, rear end), and the suspension is set up for the added weight of the Hemi, I'd be in if I had the money.

If you were to get a 300 of this year, and put in the 472 Crate Hemi, it wouldn't be cheap, and that is without considering the probably much more serious rust issues on the 300 that was to receive the Hemi. Jemi crate is expensive, beefing up the 727 (not my choice), getting a proper rear end, are not cheap in and of themselves.

Auto Transport Service
Back