• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

7sec 1/8 mile B-Body Streetcar... What combo got you there?

3860#
10.6:1 440
.587/.602 - 256°/264° @ .050 solid
Ported 906s
440 Victor/ AED 1000 4150 carb
Hedman 2"p / 3" Dynomax Ultra flows
PTC 9.5" converter / 4.10 gear
M/T 275 ET Street

This last Saturday with the DA staying around 2200' - 7.279, 7.274, 7.270
My best ever 1/8 was 7.08 in really good air

I've been 6's and usally mph ~104mph with the current setup. Good heads and a whiff of laughing gas. True street car with full interior. Took my wife and daughter to dinner the other night in it.
I was gunna ask about a baby shot!

My big sled has run as quick as 7.11, and is as street friendly as any mild musclecar. It’s a basic 451 combo; dual plane intake, flat tappet cam, full stock interior, runs on pump gas. Weighs in at 3850 with me in it. The most “strip” aspect of the car is the fact that it runs a spool (broke a couple of 8-3/4 sure grip units, so......) The only time you notice it is in tight parking lots. Not the fastest street car in town, but it’s legit.
Nice ride share some pics please Sir.

My 63 has hit 6.83 in the 1/8 and 10.70's in the 1/4. Its a 440/493 with 10.6 comp and I built good quench in it and use a custom flat tappet cam to keep the cyl press so it runs fine on 92 pump. I drive and race it on 92 pump gas. I use the Indy dual plane intake and a Holley 850 DP carb. I drive it to the track also as I don't own a trailer and that's half the fun as long as nothing breaks. And so far since 2011 when I put this eng in its always driven home. I usually race it about twice a year and do mostly all street driving most of the year. Its an auto 727 with a Luppo Dynamic 9.5 converter and 4.30 gears with 30" tall tires. Turns around 3200 at 60 to 65 mph but it don't bother me as it hums right along on the highway like that. Good luck with what ever you decide on building. Ron

View attachment 821171
First this man is very humble.. That car is one clean well built street car and he takes great pride in it and he should ( Ron you have one of the nicest Street / Strip cars i have ever since simple clean lines and yet will bust out awesome runs.

Nice ride share some pics please Sir.

Had a lot of fun and success racing this year. LemonWedge will be going on a diet this off-season. Goal will be to drop 100 lbs; not gonna be easy.

BB461228-54BF-42C6-8A0C-63A5BBC1A203.png A25EB7C4-2739-4C60-98E1-CBAD3AC5A9A2.jpeg 0B522691-9D17-4E48-A269-22BDE5C385F7.jpeg A39143A1-C2AA-4094-8BB1-E3E0B02ABCDA.png ADD1393C-F99C-4E79-9003-7CC78982C423.png

65 Belvedere all steel street car full interior no cage. 4.10, good converter, box stock Eddy rpm's, low rise Weiand 2x4, 2 600 Eddy carbs, .557 Purple shaft, cheapy headers, 9x28 slick, true 10.0-1 pump gas. 11.30's@117.
Doug

Race Day is just around the corner (Oct 19th) and my buddy Chuck got my Transmission freshend up and the 3500 stall is in! New Cam is making its way in the 383 this weekend along with some Harland Sharp 1.5 rockers. I think my Super Bee should break into the 7s this go around, however some of my rival competition have done some improving as well.... I need to go from my previous 85-86mph range to about 88-89mph to keep up with a pair of 440s that I know are making the trip to Alabama for the fight!

Last edited:
First this man is very humble.. That car is one clean well built street car and he takes great pride in it and he should ( Ron you have one of the nicest Street / Strip cars i have ever since simple clean lines and yet will bust out awesome runs.

Thank you very much for the kind words as I really appreciate it. Ron

Race Day is just around the corner (Oct 19th) and my buddy Chuck got my Transmission freshend up and the 3500 stall is in! New Cam is making its way in the 383 this weekend along with some Harland Sharp 1.5 rockers. I think my Super Bee should break into the 7s this go around, however some of my rival competition have done some improving as well.... I need to go from my previous 85-86mph range to about 88-89mph to keep up with a pair of 440s that I know are making the trip to Alabama for the fight!
As it sounds like you've already figured out, at some point chasing et by means of a better 60 ft time becomes diminishing returns especially on a true street car, and instead you simply need more horsepower, or weight removal. Good luck to you and keep us updated.

Weight loss is a funny thing as I have seen a few guys get carried away with amazing results. But just like making more HP it can get expensive depending on your goals,your wallet,and your ability to do certain proceedures. Chemical milling,lightweight parts and removing or modifying existing parts. You can get very creative depending on just how much you wish to loose. Just like making more power!:thumbsup:

I’m not going to look to get carries away, just take a little of the “street” weight off of it. I’m enjoying time at the track with the car, and my desire to drive it around on the street has dissipated in the past few years. My desire however will be to drop as much weight I can off it without changing the overall appearance or drivability of the car, nor spending large chunks of money.

When the glorious day comes and I have a stroker motor in my Roadrunner, if it hits my goals of around 600 HP and 650 torque, I may be looking at trying to get traction for a long time. (I have a ways to go to hook up better with the engine I have now)
Having said that, I think I'd like a 100 shot just as an "oh ****" button if I need that little something extra to get to the 1320 first.
I've even thought about foregoing the power goals and expense of the components needed to build a stroker, in favor of building a standard sized 440 engine with pistons, valves, rods, and other components that can withstand a 250 shot, which if it was a 450 horsepower build would put me around 700 horsepower on the juice....
Then I think, "well having 650 ft lbs of torque all the time, and a 100 HP boost on demand" would probably be a lot more fun. Besides, other than the stroker crank cost, a build that could hold up to a 250 shot of NOS wouldn't be much cheaper than the stroker build anyway.

When the glorious day comes and I have a stroker motor in my Roadrunner, if it hits my goals of around 600 HP and 650 torque, I may be looking at trying to get traction for a long time. (I have a ways to go to hook up better with the engine I have now)
Having said that, I think I'd like a 100 shot just as an "oh ****" button if I need that little something extra to get to the 1320 first.
I've even thought about foregoing the power goals and expense of the components needed to build a stroker, in favor of building a standard sized 440 engine with pistons, valves, rods, and other components that can withstand a 250 shot, which if it was a 450 horsepower build would put me around 700 horsepower on the juice....
Then I think, "well having 650 ft lbs of torque all the time, and a 100 HP boost on demand" would probably be a lot more fun. Besides, other than the stroker crank cost, a build that could hold up to a 250 shot of NOS wouldn't be much cheaper than the stroker build anyway.

Regardless, the block is going to be your limiting factor. Build a light rotating assembly that uses low rpm and that helps.

2 weeks out! Here is some pictures form a time before.... Photos are thanks to Bryan Taggart at Bangshift.com!

dart vs nova.jpg duster and super bee in lanes.jpg rattilite vs beast volare.jpg dylan vs orange RR.jpg ruststang.jpg super bee vs duster.jpg RMC-NSSL-Aug-2017_99.jpg nova vs firebird.jpg

Well the race was awesome! Car ran it’s very first 7 second time... Barely at 7.98! Got on the dyno (video below)! We are doing this race again next year at JakesDragstrip in Danville AL 10/10/2020

017549E5-57FF-494E-B32C-EA8176C2AF3F.jpeg 13FBD0F9-72B4-416E-A57E-16A2FF89C3B6.jpeg BE32B517-D0B2-464B-B666-0675456EF40D.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back