• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

7sec 1/8 mile B-Body Streetcar... What combo got you there?

Gearing up to take my car back out April 18 for Mopars at the Rock. Putting the PTC converter back in after they loosen it up a little bit. Plan on getting my air cleaner sealed to the hood scoop and do some minor tweeks elsewhere. Looking towards a fun day and should give me some data going forth to the race day that counts; October 10th for #MoparVsBrandXstreetcarShowdown

Regardless, the block is going to be your limiting factor. Build a light rotating assembly that uses low rpm and that helps.
Agreed. My 67 wagon at 4150lbs has been 11.06 at almost 123. Shift at 5500 and cross at 6k. In the 1/8th 7.02 is my best.

Gearing up to take my car back out April 18 for Mopars at the Rock. Putting the PTC converter back in after they loosen it up a little bit. Plan on getting my air cleaner sealed to the hood scoop and do some minor tweeks elsewhere. Looking towards a fun day and should give me some data going forth to the race day that counts; October 10th for #MoparVsBrandXstreetcarShowdown
Be prepared to do some experimenting and tuning with the air pan-to-hood seal. I tried sealing both a single 850, and two 750s on a max intake to my hood (obviously two different pans!) and both slowed the car down. Tuning probably could have solved that, but it was easier to just throw the pan in the back of the truck.

Looking towards race day, hopefully the car speeds up. It hasn’t been on the track all year but that will change soon. Gotta get ready for 10/10/2020

Gotta think the atmospheric conditions will be working against you compared to last October, unless you did someting to add power. Depending on your car the 60' might get better with a warmer track.

Gotta think the atmospheric conditions will be working against you compared to last October, unless you did someting to add power. Depending on your car the 60' might get better with a warmer track.
Few things, freshened the trans up with better clutches and had the PTC converter loosened up alittle and went to annular boosters in the carb. Also will be using new tires which will be a hair shorter.

Nice. Chasing the little stuff will bring results. Sometimes you'll be surprised at the things that do help, and equally surprised by those that don't, but you'll be learning stuff either way.

Good luck. Keep us posted.

been 6.69 1/8th 10.56 1/4 so far...3828lbs w/driver '69RR, in full street trim, 4.10 Dana, posi, mono's caltracs, 10x29 Hoosiers, 727 4200 stall, 950Hp Holley. Driven to track and to local shows....full spec in 10sec combo's.

Update>..6.58..10.39 1/4 as of last weekend, 1.43 60ft.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back