• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

7th Grader is a Damn Hero

Smart kid, knew someone had to help and jumps right in.
Thanks Ed,
Wish all young parents raised kids like that. :thumbsup:

In a longer clip he turns around and asks someone to call 911. There's hope with the younger generations if more like Dillon are out there.

Heard on radio.

When I was that age and even younger, I always played out "what if..." worst case scenarios like that, and what I'd do.

...I also wanted to drive a bus real bad.

Tried to teach my kids how to drive at a young age and what to do but they being girls I guess didn't get it lol.

In a longer clip he turns around and asks someone to call 911. There's hope with the younger generations if more like Dillon are out there.
They are out there, but get no recognition, unless they play on a girls sports team.

Situational/ tactical awareness. His face was not buried in a phone, or some other device. Not one kid reacted but him.
c74f74215381e138a6bb8333b7d2b2ea.jpg

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.chzbgr.jpg

Although the parents not giving him a phone certainly contributed to his ability to save the day -
notice the kid isn't all that pleased about not having one all the same?
In fact, he seems downright non-plussed about a lot of things, judging from his demanor.
I hope he's ok?

Last edited:
Although the parents no giving him a phone certainly contributed to his ability to save the day -
In fact, he seems downright non-plussed about a lot of things, judging from his demanor.
I hope he's ok?
That's too bad for him. He lives under that roof with his parents who make the rules. I'm sure he has access to a computer, but not in his room i bet. Kids have to learn that they won't always get what they demand. He's fine.

That's too bad for him. He lives under that roof with his parents who make the rules. I'm sure he has access to a computer, but not in his room i bet. Kids have to learn that they won't always get what they demand. He's fine.
Well now...a red "X" for me for that observation?
Silly, but ok. Here's you one in return.
red x club small.jpg

Although the parents not giving him a phone certainly contributed to his ability to save the day -
I hope he's ok?
I agree Ed! He may dislike it now, but the concrete has already been reinforced into his head with this save he did. He'll look back at this in 30-40+ years and realize how right Dad was!

Auto Transport Service
Back