• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

8-3/4 Axle Vent

ChargerPilot

Local time
8:04 PM
Reaction score
I sprayed out the vent with carb cleaner and blew out with compressed air, but it still doesn't seem to flow well. I probed it with a small screwdriver and it feels like there is something rubbery under the cap. Is there supposed to be something under the cap?

take it out of the diff and look at it.easy to remove.there shouldnt be anything inside the top.you can see right inside it when removed.

I sprayed out the vent with carb cleaner and blew out with compressed air, but it still doesn't seem to flow well. I probed it with a small screwdriver and it feels like there is something rubbery under the cap. Is there supposed to be something under the cap?

Bump! Does anyone know if the vent had any type of seal in it? Maybe to vent pressure, but keep a slight vacuum in the differential?

if you can blow thru it it is good and i'm taking with your mouth.you should beabul to blow a steady flow tru it.I have never had one go bad and have been around mopars since 1960............Artie

- - - Updated - - -

Bump! Does anyone know if the vent had any type of seal in it? Maybe to vent pressure, but keep a slight vacuum in the differential?
theres no seal or vacuum it just a vent very low flow if you see it wet with oil is more then likely from a 100mph blast of 20 to 100 miles at one time or another hahalol.Im sure its good .............Artie

if you can blow thru it it is good and i'm taking with your mouth.you should beabul to blow a steady flow tru it.I have never had one go bad and have been around mopars since 1960............Artie

- - - Updated - - -

theres no seal or vacuum it just a vent very low flow if you see it wet with oil is more then likely from a 100mph blast of 20 to 100 miles at one time or another hahalol.Im sure its good .............Artie

Thanks for the info. It was really hard to blow through and as I mentioned, when I probed it with a small screwdriver and ice pick it felt like it had a rubber piece under the cap. I popped the cap off and it went bouncing across the floor; when I recovered it there was nothing in it. I didn't know if something came out when it flew off. I reinstalled the cap and now it is easy to blow through. I thought maybe they made it to function as a one-way valve so that water or other foreign matter wouldn't be able to enter.

Thanks for the info. It was really hard to blow through and as I mentioned, when I probed it with a small screwdriver and ice pick it felt like it had a rubber piece under the cap. I popped the cap off and it went bouncing across the floor; when I recovered it there was nothing in it. I didn't know if something came out when it flew off. I reinstalled the cap and now it is easy to blow through. I thought maybe they made it to function as a one-way valve so that water or other foreign matter wouldn't be able to enter.
yes your right..it is a one way valve to a degree.but is NOT water prof at all.if you can turn the cap it should be open.if you whant to water prof it take the cap of and put a long hose on it and zip ti it to the frame with about 6inch. of slak.as long as you can move air threw it you are race ready

Auto Transport Service
Back