• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

8-3/4 cap studs

Paul Secoy

Local time
4:46 PM
Reaction score
Hello all, I seem to recall at one point in time a stud kit was available to replace the bolts in the caps of an 8-3/4" center section. I swore it was ARP that offered them, but I have looked several times and cannot find them. Did I imagine it, or do they exist?

Thanks

Wrong bolts You differential cap bolts correct?

Wrong bolts You differential cap bolts correct?

I am looking to replace the 4 large bolts that hold the side carrier bearing caps to the center section. I thought a stud package was available at one time.

ARP had one available 2 years ago when I did my 8-3/4.

Not sure if they still do.

I bought it at summit

It'll break other parts far before the bolts. 20 psi boost on the trans brake with drag radials will make a nice 2 piece pinion.
Doug

Thanks for the information and recommendations! I thought it might help keep stuff from deflecting quite as much, not so much worried about the bolts themselves, The spool and yoke I am using are being recycled from a busted set, the outer half of most of the ring gear teeth are chipped, I assume something tweaked a bit more than it was happy with, bolts were fine. 9.0 pass on a heavy car, so its next life will be slightly gentler. Just thought it would be $20 worth of "feel good", lol.

Grade 8 1/2’ bolts are what is used, but I forget the length. Studs would be perfect, maybe the 9’ uses the same?, if so, I’m sure they are easy to find.

McMaster has studs too.

https://www.mcmaster.com/setup-studs

upload_2020-1-8_17-26-22.png

Auto Transport Service
Back