• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

8.75 pinion snubber fitment???

19bee70

Local time
4:12 AM
Reaction score
Hey folks...I have read about as much as my old eyes can take but I don't see a clear cut answer to the question: What makes a pinion snubber specific? Is it the rear chunk application? (741/742/489) Is it the body style? (A/B/E)
Are we to assume ALL 8.75 snubbers have the same bolt pattern regardless of the model of chunk? I'm sure I can't be the only one searching for the answer to this age old mystery!
(I would totally understand if an 8.25 didn't fit an 8.75 or Dana or vice versa) I want to get one for my 70 Bee with an 8.75/489. Mike

Pretty sure the snubber bolt pattern for 8 3/4s are all the same, and might even be the same as a Dana 60.

I don't know for sure, all my snubbers, stock and adjustable, are fitted to a 55 gallon round file.

Dana 60 snubber is very unique shape and bolt pattern.

8 3/4’s all have the same bolt pattern for the snubber. There are many different stampings and lengths of snubbers. I have a 1962 Chrysler 300, and the snubber is very long to reach the support in the floor it needs to hit.

At Carlisle one year a vendor had a collection of stock snubbers on a tarp. There were all sorts of different ones there. Was amazing to see them all.

i can imagine there would be some length differences, based on chassis......makes sense. The bolt pattern is the big question (exc. the Dana) and to me, it would make more sense for Ma Mopar to have the chunks drilled the same regardless of casing, to ensure a more universal fit. Thanks R413 for the clarification. :thumbsup:

My thoughts are that all 66-70 B body, 8 3/4 pinion snubbers are the same.

I hope so....I went ahead and bought one. Thanks everybody!!

Auto Transport Service
Back