• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

802 hp 808 ft pounds 440.... Wow...

Really nice built and well done, no issues and revving like a monster.
But I do wonder though, how is he going to keep that A-body on the road with that amount of torque.
Going to need some serious rubber on the rear axle.

Was checking out that DMT website.. Wow 1700.00 for a pair of valve covers. I would have to get a second mortgage on my house for something like that. Home - DMT Billet

Forgive me here..... but I just don't get what's so special about that ?
Don't get me wrong, nice engine and it seems to run well....
But that said....
I mean it is a BLOWN 535 Cubic Inch utilizing a Magnuson High Helix 4 Lobe 2650 Blower ?

Plenty of guys have been making waaay more power than that one for decades using far less ?
Here's 850 hp 750 Ft/Lbs Naturally Aspirated with a single Carb ?

Last edited:
Depends on what pressure you run that blower, it is not that big.
He already has 400 hp and 400 lbs/ft too much to drive an A-body on the street, what would be the reason to push it more?

I usually watch Nick's dyno videos, but not this one. Any d*ck head can put on a huge blower or turbo charger & turn up the boost & get the HP number they want. I do not find that challenging.

I haven’t watched the video, but I don’t see the problem with it.

The customer wants a blown stroker...... you build them a blown stroker.

I haven’t watched the video, but I don’t see the problem with it.

The customer wants a blown stroker...... you build them a blown stroke
Most definitely always give them what they want.... as long as adults are in the room and everything is up front ?
NO problem !

Congrats and Good for him !

My only question is regarding what's 'special' here... about a 4 Lobe High Helix Magnuson 2650 Screw Blower/ Boosted 535 cubic inch at 800 hp ?
and
why the secrecy in the Video about the amount of Boost utilized to attain the 800 HP ?

What I mean is let's leave alone for now how prudent a stock 440 Block is for extended street cooling/driving at 800 hp with:
* Hard Block Filled Water Jackets up to the frost plugs....
* retro-fit Hemi-style cross bolted steel mains...
* Girdle, etc., etc
as I assume all facets of parts selection/suitability were discussed with the customer beforehand.... good to go !

I just feel the Video is somewhat vague ... maybe on purpose ? regarding the amount of BOOST was used for 800 hp utilizing the 4-Lobe high helix 2650 Magnuson Blower ?

That engine is going OK considering it is a street car. How happy will the owner be if it makes 1000-1200 HP and blows up after a week?
It did a calculation 800 divided by 535 gives 1.495 HP per cubic inch.
OK for a forced induction street motor. I agree not stellar but hopefully it stays together for the owner.

Nick's Garage sees mainly stock rebuilds or something a little over stock, now he got this on his dyno for a change.
It is a more impressive build for them an a lot of viewers of his channel I guess.
Nick even said it there was only 1 engine he had on his dyno with more torque than this one.

People who think it is "nothing special" can build your own to your specs, after show us what HP an TQ you got!

Auto Transport Service
Back