• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

833 conversion

savoy

Local time
6:35 AM
Reaction score
Im building a 63 savoy and i ended up with an early style 4 speed with the flange. After doin some info hunting i found that I really dont want to use that style. Is it possible to swap the tail housing to a slip yoke style?

You might be in for a main shaft swap as well - or possibly more. Jaime at Passon Performance should know.

Might be more work than what its worth. Ill check with this Jaime @ Passon. Thanks for the tip!

Yup. You really don't want the ball and trunnion. It would probably be easier to just get another trans than to try and scrounge the parts to modify this one

checked into it. requires a new output shaft and tail housing. parts around $300.

If you want it to look like the real deal keep the B&T, mine works great and I've been using them for 38 years on different cars. If you are going to put some slicks on and go racing, go with the Yoke.

Auto Transport Service
Back