• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

915 heads

chad

Local time
9:41 AM
Reaction score
I just picked up a set of 915 heads off a buddy for a good deal. They have less than 2000 miles on them. Bronze guides. Srp stainless valves. .550 springs. I paid $500 for the set. He was selli g off all his mopar stuff plus he owed me some money lol
Now I am gonna do some port work. What's the best area to concentrate on a wedge head. I have done lots of ford and Chevy heads for my self. But this this Mopar stuff is a new obsession to me lol. I know most guys will say just go aftermarket but for $500. I couldn't pass it up

A cylinder head doesn't know what it is bolted to. The same principals work on all heads. But, clean up the bowl area and you will be fine

I agree. How much flow are you looking for? If these are going to be mainly for the street, do a good bowl job and blend it into the existing ports. That alone wakes them up a ton.

Last edited:
A bowl clean up is the thing to do but be very careful to stay away from the bottom angle of the valve seat area. You want a nice transition from the grind line to the three angle valve job. Basically just take the ridge out and don't mess with the short side radius! Just a light blend to the bottom angle. I presume the valves are back cut or are the variety that don't have that nasty lip?

A bargain at $500.00!

Auto Transport Service
Back