• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

99 dakota starter

sparcy

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:51 AM
Reaction score
I just bought a 99 dakota starter for my big block charger that had on in it already . I got it at NAPA it has a black plug on the small lug, is the stud under there ? it has a tiny pin conector that makes me nervous, seems way too small for a trigger wire. anyone had this issue thanks .

I had one on my 440 on the run stand you can use the small wire its just to engage the starter anyhow. The major AMP draw is on the armature and its spinning not on the solenoid.

I just looked at a pic and I would think that the black plastic adapter would come off some how and would have the small threaded stud underneath.

Is this what you are talking about? You can just remove the black piece and you will find the connections you need. You will not have any problems with the small connector underneath the black piece.

17466N_F1NL__ra_p.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back