• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A 833 Trans pops out of 2nd & 3rd gears

I expect you have checked the input shaft to pilot bearing clearance to make sure it is not too loose? Long shot, but making sure nothing interferes with shifter or linkage going fully into gear( such as shift stick boot, carpet, or parking brake or speedo cable? Mine kept coming out of low gear when it was " floating". Turned out to be the shift lever on the shift fork was not quite tight enough . You do know those nuts are a flange nut and hold better than a flat washer and locK washer? ........MO
I checked everything I and Jamie could think of, but I will use your reply as a checklist when I get it back...again.
I'm only keeping the 18 spline 833 as a backup in case the 855 ever needs service.
I adjusted the shift rods in each direction from as little as possible to as much as possible, and I think I used all of the proper hardware.
I'm sure I used flange nuts to hold the shift levers onto the "keyed" shift fork attachment points.

You never answered are there stop bolts in the shifter?
Doug

You never answered are there stop bolts in the shifter?
Doug
Since I chimed in about 2nd gear popping out, my answer is yes, and I adjusted them so they would not prevent full engagement.

Auto Transport Service
Back