• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A bad day for the Mighty Dodge!

My Daughter had a Jeep Libery that the right rear tire blew out the tire tread came around and bitch slapped the back of the jeep so hard that it blew out the tail light, put a huge dent in the C pillar, blew out the right quarter window and caused the rear hatch to open without having to tweak everything back into place to make it work again.

I just pulled the fusebox out and its toast,the harness appears to be one piece into the cab!

I would look for a older dodge inner fender i would bet they are almost the same my 94 is steel and my sons 99 is steel also.

This is what an inside blowout did to a perfectly good trailer.

IMG_2461.jpg
IMG_2462.jpg
IMG_2463.jpg

I have some pictures of the fusebox and wiring harness now that I pulled the fusebox out. The wiring looks like it might be savable, but some of the ends are ripped off. I have no idea where any of these wires go!
20190207_155931.jpg
20190207_155939.jpg
20190207_155953.jpg

A guy on Moparts said that he thinks he may have a fusebox for the truck. If I can get it from him,I think I might bring the truck over to a local automotive electrical shop near by and see if they can salvage the harness.

back in my army daze that would have been called a cl*sterf*ck.
so,even if i ran a video for you of the trucks wiring i have here,it still wouldnt help you..

ps if you have a clearer pic of fuse box and the wrecked one i have here is the same??
you can have it for free,just pay the shipping.
also,i can cut the harness as long as you need it.
just lmk if you end up in need.

I had to go buy another truck today,I had planned on getting 4 more years out of this one,but thats not happening. I bought a 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi quad cab 1500. It is deep cherry red with the sport hood,and dual exhaust. I was priced right out of the diesel market!

I had to go buy another truck today,I had planned on getting 4 more years out of this one,but thats not happening. I bought a 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi quad cab 1500. It is deep cherry red with the sport hood,and dual exhaust. I was priced right out of the diesel market!

What's happening to the damaged truck?

you do know we need a photo now
'of the new truck too' :poke:

Mark, I plan to fix it and use it for the winters,and as my primary tow vehicle.

Nice 'new' truck! Too bad about the other one.

Yeah,Mark,no doubt,it's gonna suck,but you know me I love a good challenge,just not this one!

I went to the local automotive electrical shop, and they said that they could fix the Mighty Dodge if I got the fusebox and the plugs that go into the fusebox. They said that the harness looked salvageable. They said that they have repaired an 02 Dodge diesel that the same thing happened to. That's some positive news for the truck. I told them that I would have the truck towed over when I get a fusebox, and that I would try to find the plugs. They said that the gas models may have the same plugs.

Auto Transport Service
Back