• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Bogus Daytona

1664082441042.jpeg

:lol:

Here, a picture of the vin plate, it clearly says XX29

View attachment 1347886
What that proves is this photo is 1 of 12 Daytona’s on the short shipping list that share the same visible VIN numbers.

Please read this thread in it’s entirety before posting.
It was started with a question mark based on a statement made in person to me by the owner. That being “XS“ and my observation of the AC.
The only VIN data that I was able to document in person was the radiator stamp, which does appear on the shipping list as car #65 as stated earlier in this thread.

Will this fit in a console shift car?
I don’t see how it can, or did they have a different setup for console cars
My '70 Charger is a factory 4 speed car with console and it had an aftermarket a/c unit under the dash. Right in front of the passenger where they could bash their knees into it. I removed the aftermarket a/c system so it could take up room in my garage.:eek: Man, the compressor is large and heavy! It isn't going to be reinstalled!

My '70 Charger is a factory 4 speed car with console and it had an aftermarket a/c unit under the dash. Right in front of the passenger where they could bash their knees into it. I removed the aftermarket a/c system so it could take up room in my garage.:eek: Man, the compressor is large and heavy! It isn't going to be reinstalled!
Was this a dealer installed factory unit?
If so, do you have pics of how the unit was mounted under the dash?

Was this a dealer installed factory unit?
If so, do you have pics of how the unit was mounted under the dash?
I'll get back to you later today.

The only photo I could find of a factory dealer installed unit is this one in an A body, still pretty big! I don’t see this fitting in a car with a console.

2477743E-9825-4139-AE7F-79B950DE2064.jpeg

Documented dealer installed AC in a Superbird(column shift automatic).
Will this fit in a console shift car?
I don’t see how it can, or did they have a different setup for console cars...Experts?
Can you post a photo of the dash VIN?
Fender Tag? Trunk lip stamp?

View attachment 1347854

View attachment 1347855
A food friend of mines Superbird has dealer installed air. and its console auto, six barrel car .
The ac unit and console are tight , but it most definitely possible

A food friend of mines Superbird has dealer installed air. and its console auto, six barrel car .
The ac unit and console are tight , but it most definitely possible
Photo?
Better yet, does anyone have a photo of a ‘69 Charger console car with dealer installed under dash AC?

Auto Transport Service
Back