• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little racing.

383man

Local time
12:13 PM
Reaction score
Last Oct I went and raced in a bracket class that was 1974 and older cars. My 63 ran very nice that day as I drove the 45 miles to the track and then bled the tires to 16 psi. I made 4 passes as I got 2 time runs and went 2 rounds as the car ran:

All at 124 mph. Yes it ran 10.76 three passes in a row thru the pipes on 92 pump. I won the first round running 10.76 on my 10.75 dail winning over a Roadrunner who ran 10.34 on his 10.30. This vid is the second round where I raced my brother in his 9 second Cuda. My niece took the vid as you hear her call us her Uncles !
I ran another 10.76 on my 10.75 and my brother ran 9.32 on his 9.29. But he hit his best lite of the day against me which was an .012 as this is the first time I have been racing in two years and I only hit a .078 lite so he got enough of a good lite to beat me. Oh well I had a blast that day and drove the 45 miles home with no problems at all. Ron

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SGdjOXjyy0&feature=youtu.be

Nice car. Those are great times for driving back and forth to the track. I would be happy with 11's and streetable.

Car looks good as normal, bracket car consistency for sure, nice runs/video...

"old age & treachery, will beat youth & exuberance every-time" {your uncle}, sounds like fun, if you have to lose to someone, it might as well be to a relative...

Nice Cuda he has too...

Consistency is what it's all about and how many people can drive their 10 second car to the track? Best of both worlds! :icon_pray:

Have you been out yet this year Ron?
That video was almost 8 months ago,

Have you been out yet this year Ron?
That video was almost 8 months ago,

No as that was the last time I was at the track as it was last Oct. I only race about twice a year but it had actually been almost 2 years since I last raced as money has been tight the last few years. I drive it on the street most of the summer as I usually spend atleast $100. dollars when I go racing between gas food and fees. With $20 bucks I can put gas in it and go cruisin on Fri & Saturdays. I wish I could afford to race more. Funny as 2 years ago my best pass was 10.76 and when I ran that in Oct I was thinking I would run a new best by the end of the day but it was just stuck on 10.76 that day. Ron

Ron that is a VERY impressive car you have!!!

Bada$$ true 10 second street car.Nice runs:3gears::clap:

Hey Ron, I would take it you are "foot braking" aren't you?

Yes no trans break and no boxes at all. In fact I dont even have a line lock which I keep wanting to get as the burnouts can get hard on the rear brakes. I really like foot brake racing. Ron

I like it! Car seems to run really well too. Nice to have you back.

Have YOU been out with YOUR car??????? We're waiting over a year for you to post some pic's:icon_hang:

Still no pictures,something just doesn't seem right with you MR Duster 340:eusa_doh:
What are you hiding??Get one of your friends to take some pic's for you.
Oh,I get it,,,,,,,,,,,,,that's not possible either:jerk:

Thank you Ron,
Great Video, great post and GREAT CAR!

Thank you very much. Ron

- - - Updated - - -

Still no pictures,something just doesn't seem right with you MR Duster 340:eusa_doh:
What are you hiding??Get one of your friends to take some pic's for you.
Oh,I get it,,,,,,,,,,,,,that's not possible either:jerk:

Gee does 73Duster340 have other initials like SSR ?? Ron

Wow, what a day! What a car! What a driver! Something to be proud of, for sure.

Auto Transport Service
Back