• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

a NICE 67 Coronet R/T on ebay

I don't know what Gary's car sold for, nor do I care. So I didn't comment on it.

Yes, I'm a mod here. I was asked to be. I've also never been banned from any forum, and no one has ever warned a forum of my arrival either. I have also never warned a forum of someone's arrival. And thanks for the complement.

I'm not sure why the 66-67 B-Body cars should demand any less respect than the 68 and up B-Body cars. The 66 B-Body cars were the first to be factory equipped with a 426 Hemi as a regular production line option and I also feel that the 67 WO23 and RO23 cars were and still are, fantastic cars AND they had a hood scoop! The 62-65 B-Body cars seem to also get MUCH less respect than they deserve and why is that? They kicked *** and took names on the drag strip with 413 and 426 Max Wedge engines. Do we only buy muscle cars for paint colors, stripes and hood scoops? Personally, I'd LOVE to own a "grandpa's car" like Jay Leno's 426 powered 4 speed 66 Coronet! As far as the looks of ALL of the various B-Body cars go, all I can say is this, looks are in the eyes of the beholder. I will say however, that it NEVER fails that when I take my 440 powered 66 Coronet with 3 inch exhaust out for a drive, or to fuel it up, folks will ALWAYS give me the thumbs up and ask questions about the car, so I'm not ready to sum my car up as a "grandpa's" car. :no: There were an awful lot of folks at the drag strip that I put on the trailer, that also respected the car. It will never be the "fastest" Mopar out there and also not the "coolest", but I love it and that's all that REALLY counts right?

The ONLY point that I've been trying to make on this thread, is that if you were looking for a NICE pre 68 B-Body and you're really not interested in having to restore a "project car" from the ground up, you could do a LOT worse than this nice 67 Coronet R/T . Is it perfect, no, but how many cars are?

Richard

Don't get me wrong I like 66-67 "B" bodies, I OWN ONE and MY car IS a grandma car from the outside as it is a BASE Coronet not even a Deluxe, no chrome 2 door sedan.

Yes, people DO buy muscle cars for paint colors, stripes and hood scoops. That is my point regarding the value differences between 66-67 cars vs. 68-70 cars, they are simply RECOGNIZED at a casual glance as a muscle car because of those things. After all, the 66-67 is a great looking body design and they have the same basic drivetrains and suspensions available as the later cars, so the above is all I can point to for the value difference.

If you like Jay's car then maybe you will want to buy mine (far more rare) and it will probably be up for sale within the next 6 months. See my signature.

I don't know what Gary's car sold for, nor do I care. So I didn't comment on it.

Yes, I'm a mod here. I was asked to be. I've also never been banned from any forum, and no one has ever warned a forum of my arrival either. I have also never warned a forum of someone's arrival. And thanks for the complement.

I see you over on the new A12 forum often so I was sure you saw the action and comments on his car especially since yours was for sale at the same time I figured you were watch all of those cars.

Here is the link to Gary's sale i had thought it was $68K but see it was $63K, still nearly double the example you point to.

And of course it was NOT a compliment, if you veiw it as such then it seem you have a bigger problem than you seem to think I have.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140229633724&fromMakeTrack=true

If forgot to respond to you comment about the RO and WO cars. Your right they get very little love compared to the 65 factory race cars, but there is a reasonable explaination. The 65s were race Hemis the 67s were simply a stock street Hemi with the 750 "cheater" carbs. They were built to run in a stock class and frankly did not do all that well especially compared to the 65 race Hemi cars. Hence, the return of the race Hemi in 68 for the final hurrah.

To me, the Copper color is a COMPLETELY different color than the Gold and I happen to like it. I don't like Greens much either but i DO like Turquoise.
I like bright Yellow but not pale Yellow. It really doesn't matter what I like it is what sells.
The best selling colors on old muscle cars are Red, Black, Purple, Orange, and Blue by a long shot over what is left. ask ANY dealer that deals in these cars. Take the same car in like condition and equpment in any of the above colors and place it next to the same car in Gold and see which one sells first and for how much.

If forgot to respond to you comment about the RO and WO cars. Your right they get very little love compared to the 65 factory race cars, but there is a reasonable explaination. The 65s were race Hemis the 67s were simply a stock street Hemi with the 750 "cheater" carbs. They were built to run in a stock class and frankly did not do all that well especially compared to the 65 race Hemi cars. Hence, the return of the race Hemi in 68 for the final hurrah.

I agree with you that the WO and RO cars were not as modified as the 65 cars were. In my opinion, that does not take away from the fact that they are still very rare and desirable to the pre 68 B-Body enthusiast who can afford them.

I came VERY close back in 1989, to getting a VERY nice WO car similar to the one shown below, from some dumbass here in Phoenix. His plans for this rare Coronet? He was going to "open up" the rear wheel openings, so he could put some over sized wheels and slicks on it, so he could go "street racing" with it! :banghead: I did my best to save that car, but was unable to save it from this guy. :sad: I have never seen the car since, so MAYBE someone else was able to get it out of his hands before he destroyed it. :dontknow:

Those cars came from the factory in white, but that sure wouldn't slow me down if I had the cash and the chance to buy one. :no:

Richard

CH1005-29064a 1967 WO23 Coronet Super Stock car #1.jpg

CH1005-29064b  WO23 1967 Coronet Super Stock #2.jpg

CH1005-29064c WO23 1967 Coronet Super Stock #3.jpg

Here are links of the competition so you can evaluate for yourself. The first one belongs to Moparts member RUNCHARGER. We had a phone conversation yesterday about the current prices of 66-67 Hemi cars. He said his has been for sale for quite sometime without any action on it. He does not have to sell and if he does not get his price he will keep it. He said he thinks a couple of the problems for him is the fact that it is a later Hemi and he is in Canada.
There were two I believe 66 Mopar Hemis at Scottsdale B-J this last year that sold for $72 and $70K one 4 speed and one auto. In AZ. there is no sales tax on a private party sale of a used car. So if you back out the sales tax, seller and buyer fee you will get the net purchase price if the buyer was able to buy one of these cars directly from the seller which would bring it down to around $53200. That is about the bottom of the market for a Hemi car in my opinion.

What is surprising is that as of late there have been some nice 69 Hemi R/Ts for sale for less than what a few 69 A12 cars have sold for recently. It just makes no sence to me. When the market takes a hit some strange things seem to happen.

http://www.cars-on-line.com/34753.html $70K auto new Hemi RUNCHARGER

http://www.jagmotorsports.com/dealerfiles/ListingView.asp?ListingID=12 $108K 4 speed

http://www.showdownmusclecars.com/inventory/C19066 $90K 4 speed

http://www.cars-on-line.com/37986.html $60K Auto
same car as above currently on Ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1967...oryZ6200QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://www.nickeychicago.net/vehicle.php?id=166 $145K WO Auto

http://www.cars-on-line.com/35571.html $70K 4 speed

http://www.cars-on-line.com/35277.html $80K Auto

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1967...oryZ6200QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem $88K 4 speed

At a glance it looks like a nice car. Not sure about the placement of the 426 emblem on the front fender. And I'm relatively sure it won't get that close to the $96K they have for the buy it now

At a glance it looks like a nice car. Not sure about the placement of the 426 emblem on the front fender. And I'm relatively sure it won't get that close to the $96K they have for the buy it now

Those Hemi emblems caught my eye also. I was pretty sure that those were located on the lower fenders behind the front tires. The Coronet script emblems are also not in the same area as on my 66 Coronet 500.

That 67 WO car is also beautiful, but $145K? DAMN!

Richard

I'm no 66 Coronet expert, so I really had no idea. They just don't look right

The Hemi emblems varied in location not only from Plymouth and Dodge but also depending on the trim level with the exterior chrome placement.

The locations are:
Upper front of fender
Upper rear of fender
lower rear of fender

I used to be troubled by this, but have studied many old hot rod magazines road tests and dragstrip pictures from the days when these cars were new to finally figure out what the deal was on the emblem placement.

If you look at the links I posted above you will see the first two locations. The third, located at the lower rear fender, I have ever only seen on Plymouths.

I dunno. Guess it kinda corolates to the placement of the HP2 (squared) emblems

It's VERY interesting that they would move those emblems around, as they are stud mounted. Could it have been a difference in where the car was built?

Richard

But I won't have enough leftover for gas!

Geez Mike, you worry about the SMALLEST things, at 6 gas stations to the mile with that beast, it will be no problem coming from the east coast to the west coast to visit! :rolling:

Richard

Auto Transport Service
Back