• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A question for the guys who know exhaust!

400sforever

Local time
9:38 AM
Reaction score
I'm going to put machine tips on my 72 charger. .so which exhaust tip is correct for the 72 dodge? The shorter tip or the longer tip?

IMG_0785.JPG IMG_0786.JPG

And why were there two styles? Dodge and Plymouth differences?

Yep , one is dodge, one is plymouth. I don't remember which is which, but I saw that addressed here. I'm sure someone here can help out.
(Memory of what I read says dodge long, plymouth short. Grain of salt).
Edit: you could try "accurate exhaust" site.

Yep , one is dodge, one is plymouth. I don't remember which is which, but I saw that addressed here. I'm sure someone here can help out.
(Memory of what I read says dodge long, plymouth short. Grain of salt).
Edit: you could try "accurate exhaust" site.

Thanks but their site is worthless when it comes to tips!

It's not quite true across the board that 71-74 long tips are for no resonators, and short tips are for resonators. For example, in 74 if you had resonators, the tips didnt even neck down at the resonator - they were the same diameter all the way and then bolted onto a ring on the resonator can. As far as I know, those type machine gun tips are not reproduced?

I say it doesn't matter witch is correct! No one will ever know it looks correct ether way I'd put the one on that you like better

Auto Transport Service
Back