• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A simple question, and my Dyno results

Sahara

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:06 AM
Reaction score
Way North Canada. Polar Bear shaped license plates
Here is what may seem to be a dumb question, but here goes: I have a Holley Sniper FI on my RB stroker. Somewhere we lost/misplaced the threaded rod that goes into the carb or or throttle body to hold on the air cleaner. I live in the arctic, we don’t have a lot of places to buy one. But we have a dump full of wrecked cars. Will any old carb stud work, or are the threads different for different makes?
As a side note, I had my motor run in on the dyno. 515 horsepower, 580 torque on pump gas. Gonna be fun.

I would think it uses the same 1/4-20 thread as every 4-barrel Mopar I can think of.
Look for "all-thread" at your hardware store, or PM me with the length you need and I'll make and mail one to you.
On hot rods & racecars, I usually use a nut to lock the stud to the carb.

I would think it uses the same 1/4-20 thread as every 4-barrel Mopar I can think of.
Look for "all-thread" at your hardware store, or PM me with the length you need and I'll make and mail one to you.
On hot rods & racecars, I usually use a nut to lock the stud to the carb.
Thank you! I never even thought of using Redi-Rod. I can source that locally. For some reason I expected it to be some exotic thread and size.

My Holley Sniper system didn’t come with the threaded air cleaner stud. I used the stock one and cut it down shorter to work with a drop base air cleaner.

What’s the combo??
440 Source stroker kit to 512 C.I.D. and aluminum heads, Street Dominator manifold, Holley Sniper with matching distributor, big Doug’s Headers, mild Comp Cams roller cam. 10.35 compression. I really like the torque number. I could have gone for more cam but I think that what I have will be great with my four speed and 3.23 rear in a ‘70 Coronet WannaBee.

Auto Transport Service
Back