• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A word about Scammers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Member since 2009 and zero reaction score plus a zero message count...... equals a bad omen for any exchange.

There are signs that can help, but members need to be aware enough to not get sucked in. Easy to say, but when I look at what the scammers are doing, there is nearly always a 'tell' in there somewhere. Whether it be as above with zero counts, a weird userID, or just signed up magically that day.

As far as Admin being able to help @Ron H , yes, they are helping by pointing out to be careful, and you can see examples of the scammer activity here anyway.

Making people aware of the dirty pool the scum of the Earth play is a big part of helping you guys. :thumbsup:

Remember, if a deal looks too good to be true, it probably is not a good idea to get involved.
That was the red flag that got my attention. When I asked him why he had zero posts and zero reaction and had been a member since '09 he vanished. The crazy part is it was a $30 item but I guess $30+ $30+$30 eventually ads up.

I have no use for scammers, I used to have a neighbor 20 years ago who was in his 80's at the time, he was ripped off a couple of times by fake contractors who would go door to door selling their services. He would give them 20% up front and then they would vanish. He should of learned the first time but he wanted so bad to believe in people. It also could have been a generational thing where a handshake/word was your bond (I still live by this).

I'm new here myself and did have a parts wanted ad. Just received a personal message shown below from Maris01 and they just became a member today.

Hey Mate, have you checked with Rachel She has it for sale in good condition and fair price you can shoot her a text if you're still looking, at (773) 998-2587, I purchased items from her in the past and they arrived in top condition.

I'm new here myself and did have a parts wanted ad. Just received a personal message shown below from Maris01 and they just became a member today.

Hey Mate, have you checked with Rachel She has it for sale in good condition and fair price you can shoot her a text if you're still looking, at (773) 998-2587, I purchased items from her in the past and they arrived in top condition.
@Joeychgo can get rid of this scammer..

Already taken care of that one.

Thanks for reporting the message. It helps immensely with getting to the problem quicker. :thumbsup:
It's hard to imagine how many people don't see the report button. It needs to be blinking or something. LOL

New scammer just registered.. Reported already and posted here to warn others…

1495F537-82B4-4DDF-9448-FBFF047CAF70.png

Thanks Brett....just taken care of that one. :thumbsup:
My email was only there for 13 minutes so hopefully not too many get his scam PM.. Thanks for the quick removal!!

Nice of you to advice us of that.

Reached out to me about a carb I was looking for, then tells me to call Ashley. So I did, no answer, and google had to search for her? Than right after that I get a text message saying I have your carb in great shape for you, bla bla bla.....Darryl97 just happens to also be a new member.......Can you say, SCAM?

Reached out to me about a carb I was looking for, then tells me to call Ashley. So I did, no answer, and google had to search for her? Than right after that I get a text message saying I have your carb in great shape for you, bla bla bla.....Darryl97 just happens to also be a new member.......Can you say, SCAM?
Facebook groups are filled with scammers and even after reporting them they still keep posting their scamming BS..

Facebook groups are filled with scammers and even after reporting them they still keep posting their scamming BS..
I just blocked him. I let him know through the text he sent me on the carb, I knew he was a scammer. He never replied.

Yep he just PM me. So I pm Cranky about him

New Scammer Reported in 2 minutes!!

F114A081-540C-40B7-8A1F-2A88334CEC20.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back