• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A12 Super Bee Tribute

Recently rebuilt the front suspension on my 67 Coronet. My front sway bar was missing, added one from Hellwig. I have always used the poly super front end rebuild Kit from PST. This time I added the larger tie rod ends, and steel solid adjuster sleeves. A front end rebuild always improves driveabilty, The tie rod upgrade improved steering response.

20221111_135449.jpg

Recently rebuilt the front suspension on my 67 Coronet. My front sway bar was missing, added one from Hellwig. I have always used the poly super front end rebuild Kit from PST. This time I added the larger tie rod ends, and steel solid adjuster sleeves. A front end rebuild always improves driveabilty, The tie rod upgrade improved steering response.

View attachment 1518924

Nice! I have a Hotchkis sway bar that came with the car, but I have to either weld on sway bar tabs to the lower control arms or get new ones with tabs installed. Did you do anything with your torsion bars? I see a lot of adjustable ones on the market now.

My car had a sway bar from the factory, but since it was a drag car before it was removed. My lower control arms had the sway bar tabs. The Hellwig kit comes with brackets that bolt on (on the lower shock bolt)if you dont have the tabs. I did not need them, I can send them to you if you want.
My car had replacement (.98) torsion bars on it when I got it. They were in gerat shape with the part# Tags still on them so I reused them. If your asking about adjustable upper control arms, I don't think they are needed unless you plan to autocross.

Nice! I have a Hotchkis sway bar that came with the car, but I have to either weld on sway bar tabs to the lower control arms or get new ones with tabs installed. Did you do anything with your torsion bars? I see a lot of adjustable ones on the market now.
Does your car still have 318 torsion bars? It would be a good time to upgrade to Hemi bars.

I am not sure, I haven’t measured them yet, but there is a high probability they are still 318 bars. Totally agree about the upgrade if that is the case.
Does your car still have 318 torsion bars? It would be a good time to upgrade to Hemi bars.

If I remember correctly, 318 bars were .880" , while Hemi were .920" .

Welcome from Alabama, looks like a great project.

Excellent. Is that what you did? Any particular brand?
I would go Moog for any suspension and steering if you can get it. Also, I am not sure, but the big blocks may have had a different K member and springs/torsion bars. Definitely get a bigger radiator but those old ones are golden and I would try to get an original re-cored rather that a new all aluminum one. A separate trans cooler that bypasses the radiator would give some peace of mind because the old ones in the radiator can rust out and then you get water in the transmission. That happened to my 67 Mustang...

I would go Moog for any suspension and steering if you can get it. Also, I am not sure, but the big blocks may have had a different K member and springs/torsion bars. Definitely get a bigger radiator but those old ones are golden and I would try to get an original re-cored rather that a new all aluminum one. A separate trans cooler that bypasses the radiator would give some peace of mind because the old ones in the radiator can rust out and then you get water in the transmission. That happened to my 67 Mustang...
Same k-frame, different engine mount brackets between an and b engines. Unless you are dealing with /6 or Hemi, then those K's are different than the V8 one. Rates on springs and bars changed between the engines too. /6 is lightest, 440/426 heaviest.

Auto Transport Service
Back