• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A12 Superbee back in 1975

My ran 12.20 stock , drove like a kitten on the street :)
915AB744-9DCA-43AC-908B-C90F308338C7.jpeg

ran 12.20 stock
Define "stock" please.
I really want to know, because that is legendary performance!
I have always had reverence for the A12.
Even though I have a 70 V-Code Roadrunner, I prefer the A12 Super Bee to the A12 Roadrunner, but both are great, and it was my parents' 69 Roadrunner that hooked me on Mopar at 7 years old, I like the swoopy sheetmetal of the 69 Coronet a little more.
Again, if not for the A12 there may not be any V-Code cars. Beyond that, the A12 was a package that was all about performance, and gives me something else to point to as proof of Mopar performance being second to none.

He had all stock parts, converter G -70/15 firestone bias tires ,Full exhaust, Factory manifolds , Factory rocker arms , The motor was balanced and blueprinted 906 heads she was stock but very well tuned I spent hours tuning the six pack.

The motor was balanced and blueprinted
I get the "description" of what that means, but I guess it's hard for me to understand why that phrase has always meant a fairly significant or at least noticeable improvement in performance.
very well tuned I spent hours tuning the six pack
I have experienced how miserable they can be when they are "off" and how much better they can be when they are tuned.
I'm sure that I'll be getting a lot more practice now that I have a dual wideband O2 sensor system, and the desire to make the time to fine tune it.
Again: :thumbsup: and :lowdown::lowdown: 12.30s at 109 is a goal that I can only work towards, and I'm a second and about 3 mph away, but I have had a bunch of stuff added that should help. I'm not stock though, so I will forever admire that kind of performance you had!

He had all stock parts, converter G -70/15 firestone bias tires ,Full exhaust, Factory manifolds , Factory rocker arms , The motor was balanced and blueprinted 906 heads she was stock but very well tuned I spent hours tuning the six pack.
One other note.
I'd love to know what headers and open exhaust would have done!
I like the sound of my cam, so when I’m riding up and down Beach Road for Cruisin the Coast, and it's not something that gets you in trouble with the law, I hit my cutouts and roll w/open headers. With 3" exhaust and 40 series Flowmasters, that sounds great too, and honestly I don't think it makes a difference in performance, I just like the sound.:bananadance:

@Big bill
Also, to anyone who has followed the changes I'm making and made and planned for my V-Code 70 Roadrunner...
A car like your A12 is one of almost none that I would have even more of the kind of pride of ownership, the desire to show it, the pleasure of talking about it and sharing the history, no, legendary legacy of with other people, and running it at the track from time to time, that I have with my Roadrunner. There are some Max Wedge cars I've seen that I feel the same way about, and a 64 Hemi powered car of the same lineage as the Max Wedge Savoy I'm thinking of. Someone mentioned a NHRA spec blueprinted V-Code or A12 (I'm not sure which) that ran 11s, and the F.A.S.T. series cars. The 66 Belvedere IIRC that Tom Hoover used to wrench on and ran the streets of Detroit, destroying other would be competitors. I mean this is the race between Milner and the 56 Chevy in American Graffiti and for those who got the emotional experience of that, but 10 times as intense.
I'm trying to explain how awesome cars like that are to me. I put 100 miles on my 71 Charger R/T one night cruising a maybe 5 mile loop around the Lakefront in New Orleans. The love of the muscle car street scene and the intense emotional impact of that, the place, the TIME of my life it brings me back to is just so precious! Yeah, cars like that do that for me, and man, it is treasure!
So I'm expecting a lot from my Roadrunner, and I expect to have little concern about being bested if someone rolls up next to me once I get my BMP aluminum stroker installed and dialed in.
I can't tell you how on top of the world it's going to make me feel to have near 700 horsepower and be able to make use of it.
I know that's going to be challenging, but I'm trying to do what I can to make it so.
My wife still has a ways to go with her 421 Tripower equipped GTO to reach her goal of beating my dad's 1st place winning time from back in 65, when he beat another 65 GTO in his, 389 Tripower, 4 speed, Royal Bobcat mail order kit in it and "cheater slicks". 12.8 is the time to beat, and I only managed a 13.4 the one time I went to the track after getting the modded Rochester carbs back, but I think there is a lot of power potential in the ignition system that I haven't touched.
Anyway, thanks again for the details on your A12! The kind of feelings just reading about a car like that bring to me make me feel like a teenager again, and that's a joy in itself.

There are a lot of factors I spent a lot of time learning how to drive the car ,the 60 foot time was a big thing air made a difference, tire pressure it all ads up but thank you.

60 foot time was a big thing air made a difference
Yes! That is where I expect to see great progress. I was reviewing some of my time slips, and the 60 ft times were all 2+ seconds. I figure if I ran a 13.3 with a 2.1 60 ft time, and I get that down to 1.6 that I'll definitely be in the high 12s.
Thanks for all the replies Big bill.

Yes! That is where I expect to see great progress. I was reviewing some of my time slips, and the 60 ft times were all 2+ seconds. I figure if I ran a 13.3 with a 2.1 60 ft time, and I get that down to 1.6 that I'll definitely be in the high 12s.
Thanks for all the replies Big bill.
A 1.60 60' is getting it pretty good! Our '69 496, 6bbl RR runs 11.24 @119 MPH with a 1.624 60'. The car has not been dyno'd, but should make roughly 480HP to the rear wheels. 4.10 gears and a DYNAMIC 9.5" converter...through the pipes on M & H 275-60-15. Should give you some idea of what to expect. Absolutely love both green Bees, and the '70 RR. Keep us posted. Good luck!

At 1.6-60' with my 500" Satellite I was in the 11.3 or quicker depending on the track & air.
So Bio if you can get to 1.6-60' you're well into the 11's.

At 1.6-60' with my 500" Satellite I was in the 11.3 or quicker depending on the track & air.
So Bio if you can get to 1.6-60' you're well into the 11's.
Well...I honestly didn't think that 1.6 second 60 foot times necessarily meant an 11 second car, because it's definitely not that fast in its current state of tune, but I know for a fact that I have at least a few 10ths that I can cut off my 60 ft times, and I have no doubt about that. I had been reduced to coming off the line just over idle, say 1200 RPMs, and getting rolling a few feet before matting the gas. Anything more aggressive would result in tire spin. At the recommendation of McLeod, for now with the HitMaster launch control, that is going to slip the clutch a bit for fractions of seconds, and even more so for my 541 stroker, still using the HitMaster, I have gone ahead and dropped big money (for me) on their RXT dual disk clutch and pressure plate setup. Even before the detailed conversation with them, I have been leaning toward the RST, but the ceramic metallic friction material of the RXT has everything I wanted and a friction material that hopefully won't smell like a henhouse caught fire.
One of the most appealing features is the claimed lighter pedal feel, and when you consider the 2,950 pound pressure plate I'm replacing, the new setup should be WAY lighter than what has worked so well for a couple of years as far as not slipping when fully released. My left knee OTOH wasn't a big fan, but hey, I dealt with it. Add in the Assassin traction bars, split mono leaf springs, sliders, frame strengthening measures and Viking shocks, and I am certain that once I get it all dialed in, I will definitely shave several 10ths off. 4.10 ring and pinion gears that only helped because of the reserved way I was launching should work well with the rest to produce a great 60 ft time, and I'm going to consider better track tires too if neccessary.

Auto Transport Service
Back