• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A12 transmission question

jjw

Local time
12:40 PM
Reaction score
Hello,

Was the column shifted 727 Torqueflite the only automatic that was available on the A12 cars or could a console have been ordered? I was under the impression that both console and column automatics were available. In the recent MoPar Collectors Guide there was a story of a Black A12 Six Barrel Road Runner with a Torqueflite and it was said in that article when you bought these cars and opted for the automatic, the column was all that was available. Any clarification on this would be great! Happy Thanksgiving to everyone out here!

Thanks,

Both column and floor shift automatics were available. Not sure why they would say that, but I didn't see the article.

D

Hey Big D A12,

Thanks for the help. I Read the article wrong. The man that ordered the car new opted for bench seat instead of the bucket seats which leaves out the possibility of console shifted Torqueflite. I sometimes read to fast so that is certainly how I missed it. Thanks again!

Auto Transport Service
Back