• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

a535 5 spd

Hi James, welcome to the forum. We have a "welcome" section that you should visit to introduce yourself. I'm sure we'd like to see your '64...which model is it?

As for the A535, it was generally found behind four and six cylinder engines, likely not the best plan for an enthusiastically driven V8. Dodge themselves upgraded to the AX15 after 1992.

Hi James, welcome to the forum. We have a "welcome" section that you should visit to introduce yourself. I'm sure we'd like to see your '64...which model is it?

As for the A535, it was generally found behind four and six cylinder engines, likely not the best plan for an enthusiastically driven V8. Dodge themselves upgraded to the AX15 after 1992.
Thanks for the info.Just looking for a 5spd bolt in for a 64 sport fury,440 big block, with a little too much gear for hiway.Car is just a cruiser and not really worried about high performance.Found cheap 5 spd(way cheaper than rear gear) and just wondered if it would bolt in

Anything can be made to fit with enough work and money but I suspect a 440 would shred it quickly. Look at one of the Tremecs or the TKO/TKX. I just bought a TKX for my 71 Charger I am building, Silver Sport has a full kit, about as painless as its going to get.

Thanks for the info.Just looking for a 5spd bolt in for a 64 sport fury,440 big block, with a little too much gear for hiway.Car is just a cruiser and not really worried about high performance.Found cheap 5 spd(way cheaper than rear gear) and just wondered if it would bolt in
Well your Fury sounds like a fun car anyway. What was the original engine in it, and what type and ratio is the rear end now?

What kind of shifter would you use? Those transmissions are toploaders aren't they? The shifters ar 2" hollow tubes about 2' long if I remember correctly.

Well your Fury sounds like a fun car anyway. What was the original engine in it, and what type and ratio is the rear end now?
the original engine was a 426 wedge with 4 spd but the car has been a race car most of it`s life and the original engine is long gone It now has a 440 ,mild cam and lifters aluminum intake and 430 gears(left from it`s drag strip days )I don`t intend to race it but would like to drive it more and the gears are a little steep.As I`M sure you know ,sure tracs are worth gold nowadays,and I found the 5spd really cheap and wasn`t sure if it would bolt in without a lot of modification.I have a pro street 69 camaro with a 671 blown 377 so if I have the need for speed,I drive it.The only downside is everyone and his brother has a camaro and the fury is a blast to drive.Everyone asks questions about it,you just don`t see them often.I have a couple cars on my insurance and at my age,I`m not looking to increase my premiums with stupid actions so I`m content to spectate at the local hangouts.I like to look and sound fast,but there are too many subarus and honda civics out there to show me how fast I may not be!! lol

I don't know for sure but those 535 are top loaders. You'd probably have to cut a hole in the tunnel. They also look shorter than a b body 4 speed so you'd probably have to deal with getting a new driveline. If it were mine i'd look for a 3.23 or 2.94 open pumpkin on craigslist. I've seen quite a few for around $200. Swap it in and be right back on the road. That's if you can live without a suregrip.

Auto Transport Service
Back