• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AAR RO/WO Scoop is installed

I used a 3/8" diameter piece of polished stainless, drilled and tapped at both ends for 1/4"X20 bolts. Epoxied a 3" X 1/2" piece of aluminum strap on top of the opening lip to reinforce it. Short bolts with star washers from top and bottom.

Attachments

• DSCN3650.jpg
    DSCN3650.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 177
  • DSCN3588.jpg
    DSCN3588.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 191
  • DSCN3592.jpg
    DSCN3592.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 185
Same Principal as Coloradodave but mine is a nut bolt setup with the bolt running up from the bottom of the hood to a nut on the scoop side and price of polished aluminum pipeimage.jpg

Same Principal as Coloradodave but mine is a nut bolt setup with the bolt running up from the bottom of the hood to a nut on the scoop side and price of polished aluminum pipeView attachment 247665

do you have pics of the underneath? I'm installing a scoop in the next couple of weeks and would love to see what people are doing with the cut out.

I don't have picture presently but what I did originally I cut out a big square hole then I got a thin piece of aluminum sheet and I put a couple crisscross bends in it with a break to make it rigid and I cut out the center for the air cleaner to slide up into I'll try to get one today

View attachment 248204View attachment 248205image.jpg
do you have pics of the underneath? I'm installing a scoop in the next couple of weeks and would love to see what people are doing with the cut out.

Bigal75 here are some pictures of the underside of the hood still not completely done have some painting to do and install hood insulation also

That Scoop looks great on your car!
I would use a center stud as others have suggested however. Speaking as someone who has owned both, the AAR scoops look nice, but they are not nearly as strong or versatile as the SledCity units. There was a time when AAR did manufacture a good strong RO/WO scoop, but that was several years ago before they teamed up with Stinger Fiberglass.

Last edited:
Bigal75
If you're asking me the question the bolt was 1/4" and it slid in the pipe Nice not sloppy And the OD of the aluminum pipe is a 5/16 and I use stainless steel washers on both sides of the scoop and on top of the hood been up to 100 miles an hour with no problems my scoop came from Kramer industries

I did ask AAR as they list a stanchion kit for the bigger Hemi scoops and this was the reply.

"I can say that our scoops will hold their own, we do not sell that may station kits for the 62-67 hemi scoops They are not as tall as the other ones that would require the stations for lift

It is really up the customers preference I would say in your case it would be a cosmetic look,

I hope that helps and thanks for the feedback

Artie

Owner/operator

StingerFiberglass/AAR

Still haven't ruled it out just not sure as the Belvedere has a really high and narrow crown on the hood that will be awkward to make it look clean.

I'd say you'll be okay if you cruise around at 50mph or les for sustained periods of time, or don't race the car.

Auto Transport Service
Back