• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

About to break!

dspur

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:23 PM
Reaction score
Media blasted this clutch push rod, then noticed the crack. Ordered another and it is same length but straight. So I’m guessing this has some pressure on it at some point.

IMG_1020.jpeg

IMG_1022.jpeg

It probably saw a power shift or two in it’s day! I’m a big fan of replacing pushrods in all instances. Brake/clutch/motor/fuel pump,it’s a high stress area that sees a lot of use.

Yep. This one was fatigued and bent. I'll be inspecting the bell crank a bit given this, might need a rebuild or replace...

Yep. This one was fatigued and bent. I'll be inspecting the bell crank a bit given this, might need a rebuild or replace...
That’s a great idea, never hurts to check the rest of the system out.

The load is not the cause of those cracks. You simply don’t know the history of such a part, not that it matters. Certainly replace it.

Last edited:
Well that's what you get for blasting it clean... The old caked-on grease would have held it together for another 100,000 miles!

:lol:

Auto Transport Service
Back