• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Afraid to ask this question

70 SUPERBIRD

Local time
10:32 AM
Reaction score
Good Afternoon,
On my 70 Superbird 440 I am missing the spark plug wire holders on the left and right bank that are secured by the head bolts. Has anyone pulled a single head bolt and torque the bolt back down without having any problems. Any information will be greatly appreciated

The plug wire brackets you are talking about attach to the exhaust manifold studs. If the studs were installed correctly the nuts should come off without disturbing the studs. The studs do go into the water jacket, so make sure you are not loosening the stud.
20220505_154459.jpg
20220505_154438.jpg

Interesting, those sure aren't factory heads... or my eyes are pooched one or the other.

Those were pictures I found online. The fun part is getting the exhaust manifolds off beforehand

The head bolts hold the heads on and a couple of brackets, but no water involved.

Never be afraid to ask on this site,a bunch of good people here.

Auto Transport Service
Back