• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

After 35 years I finally get pulled over :-)

paladin06

Local time
12:46 PM
Reaction score
So I'm crusing in the DD, Mini Cooper S on the 202 yesterday afternoon on my way to a VA appointment, when I looked in rear view and there they are, the blue and reds. I look at the speedo and it's reading 82mph (digital). I'm saying to myself, Greg you are screwed.

I pull over and get the registration and proof of insurance out. The Cop leans in the drivers side window and says, Sir, I clocked you at 80. I said yes, I'm on my way to a VA appointment and I'm running late. He walks to the back of the car, looks at my Desert Storm Veteran sticker, then comes back to the window and says, you were in Desert Storm. I said yes with 101st. He hands me me my papers and said, I can not give a 101st brother a ticket. Have a good day.

I pulled away a happy old Soldier. :hello2:

Have to keep that one in mind next time I head towards the VA!

It's been about that long since I've had a moving violation. I feel like I'm way past due. Just been lucky I guess.
Thank you for your service to our country Paladin.

Its good to hear of a good cop. There's a bunch out there I seem to get pulled over by the one who's just been pissed off. Thank you for your service Sir.

I was in south Atlanta one night later than I should be out and about...going the speed limit..two cop cars came out of a parking lot..one rolled to the front and the other sat on my rear a couple seconds..hit the blue lights..then turned them right back off and rode on down the road...what was all that I say to the wife..Best I can figure is they were fellow military reservists and seeing my reserve forces tag gave me salute as they went by..

Nice!!!!

Cool story. Congrats for getting off and thanks for you service. One of my best friends was 101st in nam.He still wears his jump wings proudly on his caps.

cool story paladin06, good to hear you got out of it, 35 years & still didn't get a ticket... Hell I got one when I was 12 y/o for driving a go-cart while delivering newspapers in Cantaberry Village, I latter got one for ridding a mini-bike in a private property field, in Concord Ca., off Clayton Rd., by the Union 76 station, that I had played in for years... hell I had 51 from age 16-21 years old, from too loud exhaust, obstructive view hood scoop & later a Blower, too wide pof tires, speeding allot, usually on the hwy, not in town much, exhibition of speed out on Ygnatio Valley Rd & doing a burn-out in down town Walnut Creek on a cruise night, smoking out a bunch of my friends standing on the side walk, among other stupid stuff, penny-annie petty cap usually... I was warned by the Contra Costa Co. traffic judge, if I was in-front of him again with in a 12 month period, he would pull my license for 3 years {he also give me the biggest fine he was allowed}... I was a good boy for the next 18 months or so, only got a half a dozen or so in the 33+ years since then....

Great story with a satisfying end to the story. Congratulations

Auto Transport Service
Back