• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aftermarket air conditioning

johneich

Local time
4:50 AM
Reaction score
I want to buy an aftermarket AC unit to bolt in, this one at Summit looks good, any thoughts about different systems? Your success at cool cold air coming from unit? I like this unit as it is a complete replacement for the stock AC, not just an "under dash" unit. The Generation IV unit without control cables has a nice advantages but I like to avoid technology and go with cable controlled stuff, thoughts?

Last edited:
Should work great. Your a/c ducts will be below the dash. Did you order the compressor mount kit?

I put a Vintage air setup in a 1970 Hemi Cuda clone a few years back

System worked extremely well. It could keep the interior in the 30s on a 100 degree and 100% humidity day with no problems

Should work great. Your a/c ducts will be below the dash. Did you order the compressor mount kit?
I have not yet ordered it yet, I thought Vintage was a complete kit, from the Summit webpage linked above, ...brackets, mounting hardware...

I have not yet ordered it yet, I thought Vintage was a complete kit, from the Summit webpage linked above, ...brackets, mounting hardware...
You would think if it was they would ask about engine size.

Classic sucks. Vintage is a much better design and the hose and line routing is more like factory stock as where Classic looks added on.

Auto Transport Service
Back