• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aftermarket oil Dipstick on a 440

CjVan

Local time
2:40 AM
Reaction score
Ok I have another question about something someone else installed on the car before I took ownership.. This time its the DipStick on my 440 engine on my 67 belvedere.

it mounts by the header pipe and is 22.5" long from end to end and the rod that dips in the oil is 20.5" from end to end... There are no markings on the flattend tip to tell me where full and refill are located on it.
Does anyone else have this dipstick and can tell me where it should read FULL when checking oil on a cold morning before the days driving begins?

d90a5dd1.jpg

I've found out its the Milodon stainless dipstick, part number 22070

I still dont know where the full and add levels are on it, any advise would be great... I already know the change the oil and check the level trick...

btw how many quarts equals FULL? including the oil in the filter.

Drain oil and fiter,replace with 5 quarts if it is stock pan,new filter too.run engine,let it set minute check level on stick and mark it with a file or punch.do it with one less quart to show one low mark it the same way.you'll know when it's full or needs a quart.

5 quarts if it's a pan like a "402". SIX if it's a six pack or Hemi pan

Hmmm, is there an obvious different between the 2 that i would be able to notice when im laying under the car?

MS636: Thanks for the tip on refilling with 1 quart less to get the "add quart" level! Im doing that for sure!

Looks like I have the Hemi Pan, So 6qt's it is! If the pan is original to this engine block, does that mean its possible my RB stamped block came from a 440 magnum vehicle?

Auto Transport Service
Back