• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

air cleaner housing and electric choke

Clarksdale68

Local time
7:20 AM
Reaction score
Hi,

I need to get a new air cleaner housing since I replaced the lean burn on my 76 Cordoba 400. How did you all make one fit over an electric choke carb? Is a spacer the way to go? Any problems with hood clearance?

I'd like to put on a vintage-looking, new unsilenced one or maybe a dual snorkel off of Ebay.

Thanks!

Find yourself a Slant 6 lid like the one in the photo with a breather tube 64-69. Buy a cheap auto parts store 9'' chrome air cleaner,ditch the chrome top and use the filter and base. I did this to several cars and on my 79 300.Don't have a photo of the 300 engine but you'll get the idea.

Attachments

• Copy of IMG_1687.jpg
    Copy of IMG_1687.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 151
darter6 has the right idea.just match up an aftermarket base with a factory top.if going duel snorkel,most of the factory air cleaners will clear.had one on an 86 ramcharger that worked great.(360 factory air cleaner with edelbrok carb)

Another photo on a 383. This is for UN-silenced early look.

- - - Updated - - -

OR ,, This is a mid 70's 360(Cordoba,non leanburn 4 barrel) with a cold air tube routed to fresh air on a race Dart.If you can find one that has the round snorkel tube atachment point it would look better.But was a easy way to pick up 4 tenths for about $10 bucks.Flex tube was from a K-car.
Just another Idea to look at.
Also clears fuel inlet and choke.

Attachments

• IMG_0728.jpg
    IMG_0728.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_0434.jpg
    IMG_0434.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back