• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Air show crash

Video link here. Post #11,806 .....

B-17 " Texas Raiders" and a P-63 Kingcobra. Both appear to belong to "Commemorative Air Force". Very sad

Kinda looks like the P-63 was planning on swinging in on the B-17’s left side. Horrible misjudgment. The Fortress never knew what him them!

Wikipedia: Texas Raiders was an American Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress, a Douglas-Long Beach built B-17G-95-DL. The Commemorative Air Force’s Gulf Coast Wing "Texas Raiders" group maintained and flew the aircraft. She was hangared at General Aviation Services, which is located at Conroe-North Houston Regional Airport in Conroe, Texas. She was destroyed in a mid-air collision with a P-63 Kingcobra during an air show at Dallas Executive Airport, Texas, during the early afternoon on November 12, 2022 12 November 2022 B-17G-95-DL 44-83872, registered N7227C, named Texas Raiders. The aircraft was brought down on November 12, 2022 by a mid-air collision with a Bell P-63 Kingcobra, registered N6763, at the Dallas Executive Airport while performing during the Wings Over Dallas airshow. The P-63 overtook the B-17 on a descending trajectory during low-level maneuvers and impacted the aircraft from the port side. The tail section was severed from the rest of the aircraft due to the collision and both aircraft were destroyed in the resulting impact with the ground.[155]

Watch on YT bottom of the text.

So sad

How ironic all the planes that came out of Texas today , and flew into Green Bay

I swear , I must have a Billion dollars , Billions sitting on my ramp just today , let alone tomorrow

Lambeau might turn blue and silver

I wonder if that B-17 ever made it into Oshkosh during the EAA

God Bless all involved and their families

Just horrible

Oh no, another B-17 gone, from the air show circuit, sad to say.
I remember the Collings Foundation B-17 crash, in Hartford, CT. a few years ago.
How many are still flying?

Terrible tragedy. My prayers go out to the victims and their families.

Tragic loss of people, program and irreplaceable plane...Prayers for all.:praying:

She was magnificent.

Oh no, another B-17 gone, from the air show circuit, sad to say.
I remember the Collings Foundation B-17 crash, in Hartford, CT. a few years ago.
How many are still flying?
4-5 at the most.

Crew of 5 in one and 1 in the other. The NTSB will make the announcement at some point and list their names

Auto Transport Service
Back