• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

All I ask is to be kept informed.

I like to observe what's going on at the business to get an idea if they are busy but work is flowing, understaffed and its slow or people are on perpetual breaks. If its the first two, I cut them some slack especially at an eatery with one waiter dealing with multiple customers and is harried. The last one, I'll politely bug them at first then go on from there. Nothing like dropping by un-announced to see how work is going. Cuts down on getting b.s'd on the phone.

Even it the info I give them isn't what they want to hear at least they have the info....
I usually soften them up first by asking if they are like Don Corleone..... he insists on hearing bad news right away, if you remember correctly. (Previous to the Horsehead Scene, IIRC) :elmer:

Apparently I’m still the dink huh
Just so long as you know your place in life....:poke:J/K LOL It's amazing how somany businesses can treat customers like crap & not realize the effects word of mouth can have on their customer traffic...

Is this about your machine shop ordeal? If it is, you should set a chair up in the parking lot, bring a cooler of beverages and hang out, maybe even invite some friends. I bet he’ll be done quickly!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Ha ha....Sort of but not entirely.
The machinist that bored the block only worked part time so I expected it to take longer than a regular shop. Right now my rotating assembly is the last outstanding service work that I'm waiting on. Friday was 3 weeks it has been there so I went by after work to either light a fire or get my stuff to take it elsewhere. The counter man apologized and said they had 2 emergency jobs that came in and that mine should be done Wednesday.

Just so long as you know your place in life....:poke:J/K LOL It's amazing how somany businesses can treat customers like crap & not realize the effects word of mouth can have on their customer traffic...
I was actually referring to the dreaded red X I got but you are correct. They’re either obtuse to the fact or JDGAF

I was actually referring to the dreaded red X I got but you are correct. They’re either obtuse to the fact or JDGAF
I didn't even see that, just saw an opportunity to poke the bear... LOL.. Wonder what Dennis was thinking or if he hit it by mistake... I've been known to hit a few things by mistake... Mostly when I was in my twenties... LOL

If my noncustomers don't hear back from me, it could be because they are not my customers and they don't need to be. Right now, I am book 12 months out the way it is and cannot take care of what I have but they have all elected to stay in the loop until I get there.

Good communication is becoming a lost art. When I ask a question in a phone message or an an email, I expect a response and not crickets. I'm fine if the response is "I don't know yet, but I'll get back to you". Just a simple acknowlegement is even hard to get anymore.

I'm fine if the response is "I don't know yet, but I'll get back to you". Just a simple acknowlegement is even hard to get anymore.
I agree. All I need is some sort of quick comment. something like:
* I'm still working on it.
* We are waiting on parts.
* We just figured out the problem and are fixing it.
* Sorry that it is taking so long. We are doing the best that we can.
Just call and say something. You may not be ignoring me by not calling but on my end, it feels that way.

I didn't even see that, just saw an opportunity to poke the bear... LOL.. Wonder what Dennis was thinking or if he hit it by mistake... I've been known to hit a few things by mistake... Mostly when I was in my twenties... LOL
:rofl:

I'm in contact with anyone I do work for at least once a week....... If not, I am the one who gets antsy

Those same people who can't be bothered to communicate are usually the ones who bitch the loudest when someone fails to communicate with them.

They are WAY more important than anyone else.

...and they just don't "get it" that it works both ways.

Over promise. Under deliver. Like when the Cops say the road will open in 20 minutes. It will be hours.

There's a local Dealership, body shop that has cameras inside and you can log onto their website and keep track of your car being worked on. Be cool if they all did that.
DO YOU want some one watching your everymove ALL day? I certainty dont. You all dont like the service the shop you go to provides find another, there is literally an endless amount of places to go to get your **** fixed. Or pick up a wrench and do it your self.

Over promise. Under deliver. Like when the Cops say the road will open in 20 minutes. It will be hours.
That's a running joke with them. I'm sure they get sick of being asked 'what happened' and 'when will it be opened' after pulling that type of duty for a year or so.

I hate being watched when I work. It isn't that I'm trying to cheat or shortcut, it is that I don't like it when people see me make mistakes.

I hate being watched when I work. It isn't that I'm trying to cheat or shortcut, it is that I don't like it when people see me make mistakes.
Makes me nervous. Makes my pea brain start running wild with questions. Also, I have my little short cuts when I do things and over the years people have laughed at some of them when talking about it so, I quit talking about most of them and sure don't want people seeing what they are either. Also have worked with others that thought something went one way when I knew it didn't go together the way they were trying to. Begged and pleaded with this one moron to try it this other way one time but he was too stubborn to try it my way. After trying it his way too many times and my arms turning into rubber (big compressor low stage valve covers that were at least 2" thick and chairs that were at least 5" long plus the valve itself going in all at once from the bottom), I popped my safety valve and cleared the compressor deck of all tools and then jump in his company truck and drove to the shop.

The boss knew something was up when I walked into his office because he knew who I was working with and it wasn't break time. Simply told him if I had to work with that moron anymore that he might not make it out of here alive. He's the same moron that was going to put new u-joints in his pickup on a driveway with a slight slope towards the street. Yup, no wheel chocks and only in park. The truck dragged him across the street and up over the curb. He said he was wondering why the drive shaft was so hard to pop out so he got a bigger pry bar and that worked. Oh yeah it worked. Can't believe he told the story when he healed up and came back to work!

Nope, don't want no camera watching me take a ball peen hammer to the back of some dumb ***'s head....or watching me work.

I usually send Nellas van in when it needs repair, because it’s a one ton, and it needs to be done quicker than I can get to it most times. I’ve been using the same place for years, always get a call with what they found, how much it will be, and when it will be ready for pickup. Besides their great work, their communication is just as good, and I appreciate that. That’s the way it should be done.

Auto Transport Service
Back