• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

all

where to start resto

• paint

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • interior

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • suspension

Votes: 9 6.2%
  • body work

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • motor

Votes: 16 11.0%
  • Teardown, Bag and Tag

Votes: 98 67.1%

• Total voters
I see people pick body work for second place, DO that **** Last!!!
My next old car, I'm going to do in section's since i have all the tools and equipment now. For example: Tail lights and trunk. I'll work on the tail lights restore them, re-assemble them on the car, take the trunk lid off blast it(mark dents rust for later on) Re-assemble.

That'll be how the next car goes. The you have Zero miss places bags of bolts/nuts you know exactly where ever little piece goes and its a noticeable improvement, instead of bagging parts then working on them then waiting to re-assemble months later. Also focus on one area till that jobs complete, worse thing is having 3 or 4 jobs at the same time.

Thats how i'll be doing mine and my friends cars, Turns out its a lot cheaper when you don't loose parts lol

The above post make a lot of sense.
Take apart, clean, fix, restore and reassemble. DONE.
I think mechanical first.
Does it run and drive SAFELY?

Brakes, suspension, cooling, tires. A MUST for safe road use while restore the little things like tail lite bezels and interior.

The more you can drive it and have fun the more you will want to work on it to take it to the next level.

Have fun and be safe!

I did,nt do a full resto on my car...It,s not a show car...I,m not in it to sell it either...I just wanted a good lookin dailey driver that ran well....I did a little bag and tag yet a rotisoure job was not in my bank account....It still looks good...I still get thumbs up from old guys in their new vettes and porsche,s...
Petty Blue 67 GTX

Been awhile since you posted......are you done already? :icon_confused:

Auto Transport Service
Back