• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Almost ready to come home!

Good luck with her, what are your plans for it?

Nothing to radical, engine wise it'll be nothing more than a 4 bbl upgrade, exhaust which will include headers and maybe a mild cam.
Interior wise I'd like to swap the bench for a pair of buckets and a factory console with shifter and find a tachometer gauge cluster. Maybe some LED's to brighten up the gauges a bit.
The suspension will get get rebuilt using mostly stock parts except for maybe a shock upgrade and I haven't decided on wheels and tires yet.

Just a good cruiser...for now.

TA DA! One carb rebuild later and she's driveable! Sorry about the length of the video, the kid decided to keep recording until I was a dust cloud in the distance.

th_Cordobadrive.jpg

TA DA! One carb rebuild later and she's driveable! Sorry about the length of the video, the kid decided to keep recording until I was a dust cloud in the distance.

Sounded proud and happy for you and him . what did he call it on the return leg? Big Beast? Oh yeah I watched a few more :)

Lol! Ya, he calls it the big beast. I've started calling it Bertha as it just sounds like a big name.

Happy Indepenence Day and congratulations on getting it running and driving.
Most (okay, ALL) of the cars I've bought in the last 30 or so years have been forgotten, neglected old beaters that were in somebody's back yard, or field, or (rarely) garage. Getting them to run and drive YEARS after the previous owner had given up, and then driving the thing out of it's presumed final resting place is a huge high. I love it. My own current daily driver is a 76 Cordoba that was buried under a pile of typical carport ****. I refused to call a hook and drove it out under its own power. Years ago I bought a 1969 300 from a guy who'd stashed it in the back corner of his mother's back yard 20 yrs earlier thinking that he'd get to "fixing it up...someday". I told him I was gonna drive that big sonuvabitch outta there and he told me that if I could make it run, he'd make a path. Twenty years worth of crap and hoarder-junk made it impossible to drive it out the proper way, so true to his word, he tore down the back fence and I left in reverse. Keep on updating, progress reports keep slackers like me motivated.
I don't know how American Independence Day goes over in Canada, didn't notice you were Canadian til just now. But on a side note, Monty Python and the Holy Grail is the funniest movie EVER. Bar none.
Some call me........Tim.

Auto Transport Service
Back