• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Alternator pieces parts

Grabinov911

Local time
6:40 PM
Reaction score
Gents,

I am in the process of installing parts on my newly rebuilt 493 stroker, including the alternator. I went to attach the power wire onto the post on my stock 3-wire alternator and the post came off in my hand (see photo of post and plastic shield). Does this thread into the alternator? It looks like it, but it won't thread back into the hole in the back of the alternator. Thoughts? Is the alternator toast?

IMG_1587.jpg

Thanks

you need to open the case and re install note this must be isolated from the case as it is the main power out for alt

you need to open the case and re install note this must be isolated from the case as it is the main power out for alt

This site is just awesome. I need to hook my computer to a web-cam so you guys can give me pointers in real time as I work...

I think that is called a "B" post, or "B+" post insulator. They are readily available. Knowing the name of it is half the battle! Alternators are seldom toast. Unless they smell burnt. A squeal, or noise, is the bearing, and 90% of the rest is the rectifier.

Auto Transport Service
Back