• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aluminum cleaner aluminum Dana 60

Bead blast it and any good primer.

Well the last one I did was also used, but it had a coat of chipped paint on it that I wanted to match.
I washed it, soap and hot water, blowed dry, wiped with acetone, air dried, spray can primer, (better primer would be a much better choice on naked aluminum) and some race hemi orange from Mazzolini .
Happy so far, did the heads the same way.

Last edited:
Approximately how much would feeding cost?
I know they pass gas and air, but I don't think they eat. All joking aside, I can bead blast an intake in about 30 minutes, as I have the equipment.

Aluminum requires an etching primer for best results. Local parts store should carry it.

shw-dap1690_xl.jpg

Hope you used this? It doesn't say high temp.

I have and it held up fine. Does your intake have a exhaust cross over? That would be a real hot spot for any paint. Many don't go to the extent to use an etching primer and the paint holds up fine as long as it's really clean. I use it because it's aluminum.

The etching primer is only applied with a couple of thin coats.

Auto Transport Service
Back