• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ALWAYS open the box!!

I have read about Walmart and big box stores accepting gallon containers of oil and antifreeze in returns without checking them. People have bought them again and found used fluids or plain water inside. I have learned to always make sure the plastic snap seals are unbroken, or the foil inner seal is still stuck in place on jugs without them....

Good advice. Thanks for the reminder. Did that. Didn’t learn.

I have read about Walmart and big box stores accepting gallon containers of oil and antifreeze in returns without checking them. People have bought them again and found used fluids or plain water inside. I have learned to always make sure the plastic snap seals are unbroken, or the foil inner seal is still stuck in place on jugs without them....
I have a buddy who drives for Walmart. They have a select group of guys who haul the returned merchandise to outside distributors. It's the plum driving job, because they don't have to sleep in the truck. Walmart prefers not to take the risk of restocking bad stuff on their own shelves, and they save some money by not screening the returns.

Auto Transport Service
Back