• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazon sucks

The comments are worth reading.
It won't be long before armed guards will be riding the trucks.....I hope.

So far the most expensive item I've purchased from Spamazon was a starter for my diesel and that was about 2 years ago or so. Cheaper than the local China parts houses and needed no core. That was probably 3 years ago. Might rebuild the old one and put it on the shelf.

I was having a decent run with buying a few things that are not available here.....until this past week.

Package has stalled for no reason, and there is no way to contact anyone at Amazon to either question the stall or complain.

They don't even have a way of asking questions about the products before buying. So, when the request to apply feedback for the purchase which I haven't even received came through, I took the opportunity to vent my spleen some. I normally don't do feedback on sites like that.....but I made an exception this time. :p

View attachment 1558813View attachment 1558814View attachment 1558815View attachment 1558816

Jeff Bezos can kiss my hairy bean bag.
Yes, Amazon suckz big blue donkey ***

I avoid buying anything from Jeff Bezos's owned Amazon
I treat it like it's the plague, not 1 damn dime if I can help it...
I avoid it at all costs, even if I have to pay more...

I’ve never been on Amazon, and probably never will. As a matter of fact, I don’t shop online at all, and don’t have a credit card to do so. And I like it that way!

Picking on a company that can barely stay afloat is just wrong. Jeff told me just yesterday, that he just found out, it's a long distance charge to phone from one end of his boat to the other. Can you imagine that, POOR guy........... Someone is going to pay for that.

Had a similar issue back in July. Ordered an exhaust kit for my 2016 F150. The price was lower than anywhere else advertised. I placed order (Prime) and it shipped. Interesting after getting "lost" then "delayed in transit", it finally showed "damaged in transit, returned to Amazon" and they issued a refund. Didn't give me a chance to get anything else.
The most interesting part is 2 days later the same item was back for sale at a higher price.
I ended up buying a different kit (Flowmaster) and got it within 2 days.
Ryan

We ended our Amazon Prime membership after a while of using them as thier "free" shipping is just built into the prices. With a few exceptions a lot of items can be bought for the same or cheaper if you do some searching direct thru a smaller company so you don`t support a monopoly like Amazon.

Thread title is entirely accurate...

1705004083805.png

I sure miss the independent auto parts houses......even Hi-Lo was pretty dang good before they sold out to O'Reillys. Even when they still had the Hi-Lo in front of the name it wasn't too bad yet. And the independent speed shops were good.

We’ve had a good local chain here that I’ve been buying parts from since 1976; Allied Auto Parts. However, they were recently bought out by Federated Auto Parts, which I guess is a big chain that owns over 4,000 stores. I still deal with the same counter people, but the brands that they sell are different now and many parts are packaged in their own Federated boxes, so you don’t know what brand of part you get.

We’ve had a good local chain here that I’ve been buying parts from since 1976; Allied Auto Parts. However, they were recently bought out by Federated Auto Parts, which I guess is a big chain that owns over 4,000 stores. I still deal with the same counter people, but the brands that they sell are different now and many parts are packaged in their own Federated boxes, so you don’t know what brand of part you get.
That's the way the local privately owned Hi-Lo store was until the new company wanted to change the way the franchise worked and replace employees with the ones that were already working for the new company. The owner said "screw you and buy me out" or we'll be in court. They bought him out....

Auto Transport Service
Back