• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AMC Scramblers and other AMC products

Reminds me of my 69 back in 71. Bought my SC/Rambler off a used car lot in Vallejo, CA for $1800. Drove it through HS. Local had a wrecked AMX so I scored all the performance stuff off it. Last time I race the car was at Sears Point in 73. Flat towed to the track and ran a best 12.99. That was with slicks. Surprised those tapered axles held up.

COOL
Any pics for us?
BTW: The "SC" had enough "performance parts" After all, it was a Factory set up Race Car

Cecil used to have an annual "all AMC Day" ……… I wheeled mine down there once, 2007 I think...... didn't race as I didn't want to break it that far from home

P3050001.jpg

P3050025-1.jpg

P3050025-1.jpg

P3050035.jpg

P3050034.jpg

P3050016.jpg

P3050021.jpg

P3050011.jpg

P3050008.jpg

Hin elude440
Nice cars!
Do you know much about the AMC 390/401?
I'm doing some upgrades
Roller Rockers/Roller Camshaft
Any ideas for a street driver?

BTW: that Gold matador is to nice to cut up!

Hin elude440
Nice cars!
Do you know much about the AMC 390/401?
I'm doing some upgrades
Roller Rockers/Roller Camshaft
Any ideas for a street driver?

BTW: that Gold matador is to nice to cut up!

its a base 2 door rebel..... the only one I ever saw! seen a couple SST models, they have huge moulding holes down the side and a different style interior...…. base model is the perfect donor for a Machine!

I sold a 401 and 2 390s last summer….. someone paid me TOP dollar...…. I wanted to keep a 390 but figured I can get one down the line for a little less if I need to...……. I ran Harland Sharpe roller rockers on a flat tappet hydraulic cam and iron heads...… screw in studs, hardened push rods, and guide plates...…….

drove it daily (weather permitting) for almost 15 years...… I broke an axel once at ATCO, upgraded to Moser and hot lapped all day, never once popping the hood; at least 30 passes, I lost count and stopped grabbing the time slips...…... low to mid 13s @ 108ish riding the clutch like a bicycle to get it out of the hole!

Auto Transport Service
Back