• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AMC winged warrior? Fact or fiction?

I don't like how they ride, the interior, the look... other than that.. they are ok :)

I have a buddy with a GLHI or something like that sitting in his garage, loves it.. has had it for like 20 years now
GLHS.....'Goes Like Hell Somemore' according to Carroll.....

The Daytona Shelbys? No....

same headlights :poke:

1687188187944.png

No?? Didn't they have the Mitsu 2.2?
2.2s were Dodges.
Mitsus were talons, etc with the 2.0
And of course the old piece of **** 2.6 hemis
Man it's been a long time since messing with those cars....but it's starting to come back. When I first got married to my X, she had an 86 Mitsu Tredia pos with the 2.0 turbo 4 speed. Ran pretty good but man, just changing oil on that thing was a pain.

this reminds me of the Dodge Stealth vs Mitsubishi 3000GT
If I recall, both of them were Mitsu made and the Dodge was just rebadged and had a different spoiler and odds and ends like that.

I sold someone a Chrysler with a 4 cyl turbo from that era....... car ran it's *** off!

Was the 3.0L ever in the Daytona Shelby?

Yep. Just saw one a couple weeks ago at a car show.
Fresh out of high school I worked in a garage. Changed a lot of oil. Thought I remember that being an engine in them. Who made that 3.0L in the Shelby? Thought that was Mits....

Didn't some of the 2.5's (or other engines) come with the dual overhead cam Maserati head or something like that?

Auto Transport Service
Back