• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AMC winged warrior? Fact or fiction?

Agree with one of the comments - the nose is off an '89-'91 Dodge Daytona Shelby. Split in the middle and widened by about a foot. Not an original anything there...

1687180512590.png

1687180529402.png

Yeah.. that was some homemade thing later on.. that front end is all 80-early90s..

One of my first cars was a '67 Rebel.. wish i still had it.. really loved those cars, my sister had a 68

First of all, I don't recall Rambler/AMC involved in NASCAR in the late 60's, it wasn't until around 73 when they had the Matador. Why would they do aerodynamics on a car that didn't even compete ? To me, whoever is trying to pass off that car as anything legit, is a phony.

Used to pay 'some' attention to the AMC brands....really liked the early AMX's and a buddy on the next street had one. Anyways, don't recall ever seeing anything like that on the showroom floor at any of the dealers....

LOVE AMX's the prices are insane now..i would get rid of my car in heartbeat for a decent amx :)

If you read in the comments of the article the original builder, Rodney Snyder, chimes in several times...

Rodney Snyder
Jul 9, 2016 at 10:04pm
I am the real Rod RAMBLER Snyder , the the sole builder of the REBEL 500
I sold the car on EBAY I gave the new buyer all the info as to why I built the car
in the manner that you see it now.
Boy was I suprized when I saw the bull crap that he was trying to pass off about
the car all I ever printed in my add when I sold the car on EBAY was that i might
did it like you see it now.the nose is from three Dodge Datonas all the rest is
69 ambassador
I was 74 years old at that time my e mail is ([email protected])
Iam RAMBLIN ROD

This article is from 2016
1969-AMC-Rebel-500-630x354.jpg

1969-AMC-Rebel-500-Wing-630x354.jpg

If you read in the comments of the article the original builder, Rodney Snyder, chimes in several times...

Rodney Snyder
Jul 9, 2016 at 10:04pm
I am the real Rod RAMBLER Snyder , the the sole builder of the REBEL 500
I sold the car on EBAY I gave the new buyer all the info as to why I built the car
in the manner that you see it now.
Boy was I suprized when I saw the bull crap that he was trying to pass off about
the car all I ever printed in my add when I sold the car on EBAY was that i might
did it like you see it now.the nose is from three Dodge Datonas all the rest is
69 ambassador
I was 74 years old at that time my e mail is ([email protected])
Iam RAMBLIN ROD

This article is from 2016
View attachment 1481983
View attachment 1481984
A-ha ! Thanks, I didn't read those initially, just goes to prove what a phony the new OWNER is.

A lot of Mopar people shun these cars, why I don't know. They have killer style, perform great. I had 3 Shelby Daytonas, and I'd probably show my taillights to many classic Mopar cars with them.
I remember a couple friends of mine had Dayotnas and would eat fox body pusstangs alive back then.

I don't like how they ride, the interior, the look... other than that.. they are ok :)

I have a buddy with a GLHI or something like that sitting in his garage, loves it.. has had it for like 20 years now

I remember a couple friends of mine had Dayotnas and would eat fox body pusstangs alive back then.
Friend of mine had a Spirit RT and he did some work on it and yeah, that thing had no problem eating Mudstains of the day. My 92 Dakota 5.2 with 3.90 gears would take them on too but not like that RT did. Another buddy has an RT in his junk (and I do mean junk) yard that he's letting rot back into the earth....

Auto Transport Service
Back