• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AMD 70 Roadrunner Quarter panels - window corner installation

Hemirunner

Local time
6:41 PM
Reaction score
How do you install these little window corners??
F8C2C57B-ECE5-4100-BA40-8E170BAC88C7_zpsmufs8l8g.jpg

I'm assuming they go on underneath the quarter panel like so??
1591EEF5-3966-444F-84E0-B5B448EA3CE7_zpsp5jqdpet.jpg

If that's the case, do you trim out the area in the AMD quarter panel so they blend together into the corner area?? You can see that the little 'pocket' in the AMD quarter is directly over the little 'pocket' in the patch piece. Do I cut that area out on the AMD quarter panel?

You can see that without them, there's a huge gap.
5F0804F2-2D5C-4731-95F7-41739CB3C0A8_zpsp1admsnc.jpg

Anyone have some photos of how they installed these??

They go under the main panels - some trimming maybe required....I didn't install them, so I cannot offer much more than this picture;

:grin:

They go under the main panels - some trimming maybe required....I didn't install them, so I cannot offer much more than this picture;

:grin:
Thanks, any picture helps. I think I'll trim out the little flat area on the quarter panel as I think the profile on the corner piece is closer to how the factory was and will accept the corners of the stainless trim better.

Sorry I don't have better pictures......

Window corner installed:

a.jpg

Might want to take a real close look around the window corner on the quarter...Mine was cracked on both the left and right quarter. Obviously it was a must fix.

b.jpg

Like I said, had to repair the area....but for reference, I did not trim that metal on the quarter you're referring to. If fitted correctly it should seat on top of the bottom window corner piece. I did weld the two together to get rid of the overlapping seam.

c.jpg

Interesting. It seems very strange to me to have that flat piece on the quarter panel to overlap that sunken pocket on the window corner. Wouldn't it just trap moisture and garbage in between the two and be more prone to rusting in the future? Maybe that's why they were all rusted out in the corners from the factory?

Maybe that's why they were all rusted out in the corners from the factory?

Bingo! Bad design, perfect for holding water & garbage.

Before the rear window was installed, I smeared in some 3M heavy seam sealer to help combat that. Either way, when I wash the car at home I still blow out the window corners with the air compressor.....and some water always comes out.

Bingo! Bad design, perfect for holding water & garbage.

Before the rear window was installed, I smeared in some 3M heavy seam sealer to help combat that. Either way, when I wash the car at home I still blow out the window corners with the air compressor.....and some water always comes out.
I think I'll modify mine so as to eliminate the problem.

Auto Transport Service
Back