• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AMD Bumpers

91r/t

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:50 AM
Reaction score
Anyone order any bumpers lately from AMD? I ordered back in August and keep having them pushed back for my 68 Runner. Anyone actually receive their order from anywhere? I ordered through Summit and they have moved the date a few times. Out to November for my front bumper and out to next week which I am sure will move on the rear bumper. Looking for some answers whether they are just not getting anything or if its trickling through.

Last edited:
The only thing I’ve heard about their bumpers that they are thinner than originals.

Yea I heard that in the begging, but @dadsbee got a front for his 69 bee and a couple others recently and said they look and weight the same and fit decent so I said screw it for a driver. I can get both for $975 shipped vs. $2000 for the original rechromed from Tri-city with shipping them back and forth for $800 a bumper. I will rechrome mine if they can't get them by mid winter, but was hoping to get a decent set by then. I can always redo mine a few years from now when I recoupe some cash.

Last edited:
I have both AMD front and rear for my Challenger. Fit and finish looks excellent. They weighed the same as my original bumpers. These are the best pics I have. Never focused in on just the bumpers. Lol.

IMG_8663.jpg

IMG_8675.jpg

I'm happy with mine. The only difference I noticed was the corners were welded whereas the originals were pressed to form the corners.
20171117_120058.jpg
20171117_120255.jpg

I'm happy with mine. The only difference I noticed was the corners were welded whereas the originals were pressed to form the corners.
I have a set for my '69 RR. Quite happy with them. There are a couple minor flaws but nothing I can't live with. You'd have to be on your hands and knees to notice them. I'll have to look at the corners. I didn't pay much attention to the back sides.

I bought these at Carlisle the year before Covid. I had made plans to pick up a pair from a member on one of the boards for $300. but they weren't in as good of shape as the photos had depicted so I passed. A couple aisles further and there's a pair brand new in the boxes for $350..

I have a set for my '69 RR. Quite happy with them. There are a couple minor flaws but nothing I can't live with. You'd have to be on your hands and knees to notice them. I'll have to look at the corners. I didn't pay much attention to the back sides.

I bought these at Carlisle the year before Covid. I had made plans to pick up a pair from a member on one of the boards for $300. but they weren't in as good of shape as the photos had depicted so I passed. A couple aisles further and there's a pair brand new in the boxes for $350..
20171119_104653.jpg

Thanks for that. I'l have to check that on mine.

I think about $500-550 is what Tri-city is charging doing a bumper...
Was that with shipping? Reason I ask is I never pay that as I drop them off at Carlisle and pick them up at the Nationals...

AMD is having a sale right now, but ONLY on in-stock bumpers. (Posted on the A-body side).
Naturally, no 68/69 rr bumpers in stock. I should have bought some years ago, when they were $300.

That was without shipping. $800 a bumper and you pay the shipping there and back.

I have AMD bumpers on my Challenger. Fit and finish look great for my driver.

20210915_171016.jpg

20211020_180754.jpg

20170126_212400 (003).jpg

20170126_212338 (003).jpg

AMD is having a sale right now, but ONLY on in-stock bumpers. (Posted on the A-body side).
Naturally, no 68/69 rr bumpers in stock. I should have bought some years ago, when they were $300.

I'll take a chance. Just ordered a 1970 Charger front bumper. Too bad that I didn't get their bumper sale email a week ago as I was just there last Thursday. 497 bucks with shipping.

Auto Transport Service
Back