• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AMD door jambs, 68-70 b-body

Finally buckled down and got it welded in

Attachments

• DSCN0630.jpg
    DSCN0630.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 147
Working on other miscellaneous things now, trying to avoid working on the other side :) Brass on the quarter over there, not sure how to deal with that. Tried MAPP gas, it started getting soft, then the quarter started turning blue so I stopped.

I see things are moving along well and looking good!!!Your problem with brass can be handle with a NF deburring bit and a 3M roloc clean & strip.You use the NF(nonferrous)deburring bit to remove the bulk of it.Then take the 3m clean and strip to remove whats left.It's not perfect,but will do what you need it to.The 3M part#07470 clean and strip disc xt,the purple clean and strips.Hope this helps and keep up the good work and the pics.

FYI - Look for stress cracks on the top edge of the quarter panel where it is bent over and attaches to the jamb. On my Sport Satellite, drivers side had to be totally replaced. Passenger side had a hair line crack. I made L shaped pieces to fit tightly behind then plug welded in for support. Remember when welding a crack you should drill a hole on each end to stop it from getting longer.

FWIW I finally got to work on the brassed up side and once I got the jamb out there's no doubt the brass was hiding a crack. The process of getting the top of the jamb loose cracked it again.

They banged the top of the quarter down some, filled that with brass, then filed it smooth. I think I'm going to just put the jamb in, weld the bottom and up the sides, but leave the top as is and get a body guy to deal with it so I don't make a mess of it.

Auto Transport Service
Back