• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AMD rant

davek

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:52 AM
Reaction score
So I bought my windshield and AMD is charging almost $200 for shipping and packaging. A week later and still not shipped out. I called and asked whats the problem and they said they are lacking help in the warehouse. There only open M-F so it was a wash out for me to go get it. I would lose a days pay. Just a rant on the prices on shipping from everyone.

Get used to it. This is the new American slogan "expect less and pay more".

Look at the bright side, at least you've something to rant about!
I'm still waiting for a front bumper that was ordered in last August, supposed to ship 4 weeks after that in September....and then Nov...and then Jan...got really excited when they didn't bump the Feb ship date back. Then a week after supposed ship date, they bumped it to April...

So I bought my windshield and AMD is charging almost $200 for shipping and packaging. A week later and still not shipped out. I called and asked whats the problem and they said they are lacking help in the warehouse. There only open M-F so it was a wash out for me to go get it. I would lose a days pay. Just a rant on the prices on shipping from everyone.

What a coincidence. I was just there yesterday to pick up my windshield and a few other parts. From there, I drove right through Columbia to Hanahan SC.

Check out their 7 acre building…

C1242354-D266-4264-AC6C-DAFC7F8BDD88.jpeg

E08B081F-9AAE-42F4-B053-C740ADA55F49.jpeg

193B3DE4-065B-4E94-8D1A-1E2DDFED5D63.jpeg

87292933-1368-4462-A32B-808A20127740.jpeg

6B0AA7B3-FF76-4D2B-A634-AD6E0D4FD835.jpeg

0957DD6F-CE49-459B-8220-CA0949EA27A0.jpeg

Gary made and installed the rear window plug on that Daytona. It was on the show Chop Cut Rebuild. You know Gary,you kidnapped his wife and made him have to purchase a Viper GTS!

IMG_5539.jpg

IMG_5599.jpg

IMG_5719.jpg

IMG_5725.jpg

IMG_5716.jpg

IMG_5730.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure how far away you are but if you can drive there and back in a day, only miss one day at work, come back with your w/shield not damaged, get to visit the facility and you subtract the $200 shipping costs I would tend to say "go for it". You can always go to work and it will still be there after we're long gone. Life is short, enjoy yourself. Just my rant.

AMD isn't the only source for windshields.

I called and asked how thick they were. It seems that some of the windshields from others are thinner. So some are difficult to seal. I had that problem, so the AMD ones might seal better.
Post # 6.....

A caution for people with high powered weed eaters:

This pertains to the rear windows. This isn't a problem since they seal with butyl tape and sealant. The front is a different story though since they slip into a channel into a rubber gasket.

Those windshield boxes are big and heavy. Bought a window from them last year.

Having run my own business and having to purchase and ship equipment, I fully understand about high shipping costs, especially with the cost of fuel and inflation. Unfortunately, it is what it is today. A windshield is a large and delicate item which has to be packaged carefully and as such, the packaging and freight costs are going to be high. I personally didn't want to take a chance to trust having a windshield shipped. AMD was an additional 5 hours out of our way & we spent another 2 hours there waiting for the help to pick the windshield and the other items I was purchasing. I understand what you're saying, but for me, the out-of-the-way trip was worth it.

Auto Transport Service
Back