• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AMD Remanufacturing of 1969 Coronet Fenders

Would you consider purchasing a 1969 Coronet model fender reproduced by AMD?

• Yes

Votes: 14 82.4%
  • No

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters

MeatClaws

Local time
12:08 PM
Reaction score
I had a conversation with the good folks at AMD recently to ask about the likelihood of them making new fenders for the 1969 Coronet. I found it interesting that the response was AMD had looked into it, but "the numbers aren't there". I've recently searched for new fenders for the car I'm building and I seem to find alot of people looking for these fenders, so I asked myself a few questions.

How many people are looking for and willing to buy these fenders?

How many does it take for AMD to consider it worthwhile to reproduce them?

the second question I have no idea about, but the first I feel people on FBBO have a decent answer for.

Yep, your beating a dead horse. Been there done that!!!! 69 coronet seems to be the red headed step child. Are you in need of fenders or just better than what you have?

I got the same answer 6 yrs. ago I guess the demand still isn't there

Too bad they couldn't build the fender with no headlight bucket or marker light provision into it.Then it would cover two years and we could install our own stuff.Still easier than fixing some of this junk.

I'm not trying to do this for me, but for all the other folks out there that cherish these cars. I'm not in need of fenders anymore, i scored an immaculate set of fenders and even offered them to AMD so they can have the proper tooling made.

I understand that this has been an issue for quite some time, but there was a time when the camaro and mustang sheet metal was impossible to get. If there are enough people interested, they will be made.

Demand is there, we just have to make sure the people making these parts know it.

its better off they don't make them..
it would be just another overpriced part that doesn't fit.

Making the fenders without headlight parts and side marker light makes a lot of sense. The 68-69 Coronet market would be pretty sizeable, not huge, but healthy enough to turn a profit I would think. I'd grab a pair and store them away for a rainy day.

I would buy a set of the 68-69 fenders.
Since they (AMD) make every part imaginable for Plymouth's of those years, I find it hard to believe that the tooling for Dodge parts is unprofitable.
Unfortunately, that is what you get when the 'bean counters' run the show...
Omni

mopar is an dead horse with amd. many have been begging for years 66-67 is a hard one as well. they make some patch panels for example quarter panel patchs for the 66-67 but no outer wheelhouse. Now if you quarter is screwed up enough to need a patch panel chances are it needs an outer wheelhouse and a truck drop off. I gave up on amd and will not buy their stuff anymore no matter what car im doing............

Auto Transport Service
Back