• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amd trunk floor - how accurate for `70 road runner?

torredcuda

Local time
9:08 PM
Reaction score
I see a couple raised areas that my original doesn`t have but my center area was cut out by a previous owner. Anyone have pics of a factory `70 floor or can show me what inaccuracies there are in the AMD part?

Raised rectangular area on AMD part but mine is flat.

20221108_151723.jpg

Can’t show a pic, but I believe that’s a relief to make space for the ends of the support that goes across at that point.

Can’t show a pic, but I believe that’s a relief to make space for the ends of the support that goes across at that point.
Ok, I see that now but I guess mine just isn`t as pronounced from the factory.

I put an AMD pan (partial) In my "Jigsaw" Charger. There were some slight differences.

The section over the axle hump has these holes you can see in the picture below:

Trunk 52.jpg

You can see how much further apart they are in the black AMD panel.

Trunk 32.jpg

I cut this pan down to sit between the frame rails since the outer sections in the car were still good. The pan fit well. Whatever differences there are didn't make a difference in how it fit. It may not fool a judge at the Mopar Nationals but they are a BUNCH better than the old two piece pans that used to be offered.

68-70 are the same.....i've installed a bunch of them..... never noticed any differences except the amd pans are not rotted like the originals

charger pans are different than rr/bee...... filler pipe for one

Ya, Charger is a different pan. I`m not looking for OE Gold just a nice driver but figured if there are any glaring differences from factory I could fix them.

I haven't done the trunk pan yet. However, the AMD full floor pan fit reasonably well. The contours and bends are not as crisp. It did the job.

20210719_145504.jpg

20210807_203004.jpg

20210807_203010.jpg

20210811_195841.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back